My first glide/Swimbait for Striper

Chaz96

So I decided to make my own bait a few weeks ago. This is my first and is pretty rough. I’m going to test the action tomorrow. It swam pretty good in my pool. I just need more space for testing. Any constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks SU!

5B96D0CB-BB8B-4CF5-8B1D-36FE0BD41821.jpeg

1F87A71F-A5E0-4FF0-AAC8-7C598051C154.jpeg

Paint is crude, and I think thats due to you painting it with a brush. I think an easy way would be rattle can if you dont have air brush. Paint whole thing white, and little at a time go over top with black til it has a good fading pattern. Dont go to far down the sides. Its way easier than you think. 

On 9/18/2020 at 9:50 AM, 479Swimbaiter said:

Paint is crude, and I think thats due to you painting it with a brush. I think an easy way would be rattle can if you dont have air brush. Paint whole thing white, and little at a time go over top with black til it has a good fading pattern. Dont go to far down the sides. Its way easier than you think. 

Thanks for the feed back. I actually did paint it with a rattle can for the white and green. Then went over with an artist brush. I think I’m just going to invest in an airbrush. I’m working on a 3 piece trout bait and I want the paint to be killer. Can I put paint on top of clear coat or already has? Or will it not stick?

Airbrush is a good idea, thats what I did. Got my airbrush from hobby lobby, I think its the Neo?, anyways had a 40% off coupon. Then got the air compressor from harbor freight. Make sure you get airbrush specific paint. I really like createx, however, they are around $5 peice, which gets pricey. I bought them in like a big bulk pack in natural colors off amazon and saved a lot of money. If you want a good site to buy blanks alternativelures. Com has awesome cheap blanks that are replicas. Just what Ive learned so far. Its way easier to paint with an air brush. And I think youd be fine painting over a paint job as long as you have a top coat to protect it. 

On 9/19/2020 at 8:14 PM, 479Swimbaiter said:

Heres 2 I did that just started as clear blanks

0126202025.jpg

0124202011.jpg

That’s Sick! I love the bbz replica, thanks for all the info. I’ve heard good things about the createx. I figure I’ll get some common colors to start and acquire colors as I progress. 

• 3 weeks later...