lost my first swimbait fish....

bassfishing24/7

Long story short...Im a newb to swimbaiting,I been hitting up my local lake but its been really slowwwww....today I decided to give it another shot,after tossing my Hudd 68 for 1.5 hrs I get a solid hit,but due to my faulty idk the name of this braid w trebble hook set up,after 5 seconds and a quick head shake my line goes limp...and that was all she wrote...bye bye....my Hudd returns w/o the hook...im still sooooo dissapointed... :(

Tools:

Hudd 68 rof5

Shimano Cardiff 401

Crucial MH

25# izor platinum

Oh well I'll be back!!!

Braid slipped. tighter knot, glue if you need to. (shouldn't have to)

google fish chris wolfgram and thats the knot I use, adjust to whatever length u want. Make sure knot is TIGHT

If a 25+ striper cant break it, those wimpy little green fish cant either ;)

Braid slipped. tighter knot, glue if you need to. (shouldn't have to)

google fish chris wolfgram and thats the knot I use, adjust to whatever length u want. Make sure knot is TIGHT

If a 25+ striper cant break it, those wimpy little green fish cant either ;)

Im almost 100% sure it was a knot failure,I even used super glue!!

But thanks for the tip,I will give it a look.

Sorry to hear you lost your first swimbait fish my friend. I know the feeling. On Thanksgiving morning I got snapped off by a big striper at upper castaic. It hit my 8" BBZ-1 floater while slowly swimming it. I had a good hookset and was gaining ground, but I did not loosen the drag and thought I could horse it in. Big mistake. My 25lb. line snapped and my lure gone with it. However after half an hour, I walked up the dam and found my lure. The fish shook it off and current pushed it off to shore.

We will get em next time. It's a learning experience.

Raymond

Tough break...stay with it!

Long story short...Im a newb to swimbaiting,I been hitting up my local lake but its been really slowwwww....today I decided to give it another shot,after tossing my Hudd 68 for 1.5 hrs I get a solid hit,but due to my faulty idk the name of this braid w trebble hook set up,after 5 seconds and a quick head shake my line goes limp...and that was all she wrote...bye bye....my Hudd returns w/o the hook...im still sooooo dissapointed... :(

Tools:

Hudd 68 rof5

Shimano Cardiff 401

Crucial MH

25# izor platinum

Oh well I'll be back!!!

Thanks guys,it Just makes me look forward to more bites to come!

That's exactly the right attitude! Now you can be confident that it will get bites from good fish. That makes it even more likely you will get bit again because it will affect the way you throw it.