Monofilament

WaterWolf44

5 hours ago, WaterWolf44 said:

I am looking for suggestions on a realy good monofilament line. I tried suffix and it got really springy and curly after not even a season's use. Ill be putting it on a Daiwa tatula elite. Something with low memory. Thank you

I use Suffix Supreme and I like it a lot, but I probably swap it out 3-4 times per season.  I usually buy a big spool of 20lb test and it lasts me for a few years haha.  

Just now, 563fishing said:

Huh, I’ve never had that problem. It hurts while thumbing the spool? Happens to me with braid sometimes but only when the line is dry

Maybe I just have wussy thumbs, but I tend to think they are like leather haha. Still a solid line!

Trilene Big Game and Trilene  XL or XT . Inexpensive and proven for many years. Compared to the price of fluorocarbon you can afford to respool  3 or 4 times a year if needed. I catch several big bass every year on Trilene monofilament  line. I haven't seen a huge advantage to using fluorocarbon. Yes you sacrifice some in sensitivity but the extra stretch in monofilament  may mean less lost swimbaits and big bass.