Tiny Klash Northern Pike

Jim137a

Got a Tiny Klash in the mail today from fellow SU member @phishinghookz and had to test swim it. Cranked it down over a submerged weed bed and the pike blasted it - too much fun. When I saw the fish I was praying he didn’t bite me off - thank god it worked out. 

CDC4C71B-8FB9-48BE-AE31-7A0E39C9D8F8.jpeg

5ABADBE8-5840-4325-908F-B8A8C6B14482.jpeg

FDB56E90-B622-44E9-9122-0D1B80349DB4.jpeg

53 minutes ago, nikopap1 said:

Nice fish, those toothy critters have a tendency to steal baits

I know - I wasn't targeting pike today.  When I saw him I started saying my prayers that he wouldn’t bite me off. I’d hate to lose that TK as I just got it today. 

Nice fish--is it just me or do pike SLAM the bait when they hit it? Seriously, every pike I've ever caught, be it on a swimbait, spinnerbait, swimjig, frog, absolutely murdered the bait like it stole something from em. Those things are VICIOUS. 

5 hours ago, 168 Rookie said:

Nice fish--is it just me or do pike SLAM the bait when they hit it? Seriously, every pike I've ever caught, be it on a swimbait, spinnerbait, swimjig, frog, absolutely murdered the bait like it stole something from em. Those things are VICIOUS. 

So true - its the exact opposite of a subtle bite. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 6:56 AM, CG_Fishes said:

Nice pike, I've found that with hard swimbaits I get bit offs far less since they can't fit the bait in their mouths. Even with that I usually use at least 20lb fluoro in waters with toothy critters

You're brave. I use 100lb mono.

• 2 weeks later...