1st Citizen Fish

chefchris

Finally stuck a citizen fish today. 

i threw the 7” a lot last season and had no love on it. I know it was my fault for not fishing it as intended. 

decided to give the 6” a try, goblin color. Missed two fish on it earlier in the day, set up on em too early. 
Then put it right where it needed to be. Was fishing a grass line and there was one bunch of lily pads off a point. Right as the bait passed by the pads it got hammered. Did the reel down and swing hard Hookset like I’ve seen in all mikes videos. Did the trick! Rod did the full bendo and everything! 

fish was only 3lbs 2oz and 18” but I learned a lot about the bait and what works and what doesn’t. 

one thing I did that I know made a huge difference was I added two tungsten weights in the side fins to help get and keep the bait down. 

Reel & rod was on its first trip, and did the trick, daiwa ryoga 1520 cc & revelation 795 

thanks for reading, comments and any tips/tricks on the citizen/battleshad welcomed 

80DCF8B2-0E38-41C0-BBC2-62E386019B7E.jpeg

0F822CF9-C5AF-4FAA-AA87-B19E20195CBC.jpeg

C52819C9-173E-43E2-A2ED-68716C214A8E.jpeg

D5E122D0-F11D-4054-952F-9565FF73E1BA.jpeg

• 4 months later...