3:16 Gill glide...

mjaygrunt

5 minutes ago, Fallof74 said:

Ummm they are $350 a pop!!! Wow. Why worry about flipper prices when they come standard at flipper prices. 

that doesnt stop anyone just makes the flipper price $500

i mean eventually builders will realize that they can get the prices flippers are getting and just up the price, seen it happen with surf and tuna baits. builders tired of selling baits at a fair price and killing themselves when flippers are making 2-3x as much 

Oh, I’m not saying I wouldn't snatch one up. I would. And I absolutely understand the amount of work Mickey puts into his R&D.  I have in fact bought 3:16 baits at that price point on the flip as well. I just notice that some bait makers (3:16) are starting at flip price. And why not. We’ll pay it. Why shouldn't they make the extra cash for the work they did. We set the market right? 

23 minutes ago, Fallof74 said:

Oh, I’m not saying I wouldn't snatch one up. I would. And I absolutely understand the amount of work Mickey puts into his R&D.  I have in fact bought 3:16 baits at that price point on the flip as well. I just notice that some bait makers (3:16) are starting at flip price. And why not. We’ll pay it. Why shouldn't they make the extra cash for the work they did. We set the market right? 

Agreed 

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to snach one up. A SU member did me a complete solid and hooked me up. Besides the beautiful look on the bait, the Gill swims too. A lot of baits look nice, but what I look for is how it swims. Having said that, I am absolutely happy with my bait. The bait is a heavy floater and suspends for a bit too. I am just trying to figure out what reel ratio I like to fish it on ( along with the rod ..MH or H LDC). Any input from guys that are fishing them is greatly appreciated. 

13 hours ago, mjaygrunt said:

I was able to snach one up. A SU member did me a complete solid and hooked me up. Besides the beautiful look on the bait, the Gill swims too. A lot of baits look nice, but what I look for is how it swims. Having said that, I am absolutely happy with my bait. The bait is a heavy floater and suspends for a bit too. I am just trying to figure out what reel ratio I like to fish it on ( along with the rod ..MH or H LDC). Any input from guys that are fishing them is greatly appreciated. 

I haven’t thrown mine yet but I remember in Mickey’s swim video he recommends a 6:1 reel with 20lb fluorocarbon.