Pline PF

nightsessions

thinner and its strong! the diameter of the 30 lb is the same as 20 lb big game. I little less stretch and it handles very well. I also am really liking the 20lb. Its way thinner than im used to but ive put it through some tough ish and it is great and very strong. Plus i really like the smoke blue color. I can pack alot more line on my 250 size reels wiht the thin 20 lb and dont have to respool due to reties as often either. Its an all around winner in my book. Thanks Don! :lol:

where is the best place to buy this stuff?

thanks

Jax Cat Tackle has them, as well has Bass Pro Shop.

I've tried asking a few local tackle shops and they don't even know it existed. lol

I'd hold off on Jax for now. I placed an order over a month ago because I thought the line was in stock. After a week it hadn't shipped so I called and was told they were placing a pline order shortly. 3 weeks later and still no shipping, I'll call them tomorrow and see what's going on.

I'd hold off on Jax for now. I placed an order over a month ago because I thought the line was in stock. After a week it hadn't shipped so I called and was told they were placing a pline order shortly. 3 weeks later and still no shipping, I'll call them tomorrow and see what's going on.

Serious? Glad you said something, I was planning to order a spool tomorrow. Forget them now.

I think that CXX diameter for diameter to the PF is very similar in strength. Therefore, the 30# PF can't be stronger than the 30# CXX. I believe Don has mentioned this before in the 30# CXX is really 40# PF.

This is the reason I fish diameter and not pound test. CXX like Big Game and Sufix Tritanium Plus (what I throw) are under rated for their diameter so they can say they are stronger. Now, if there's proof at the scale that 30# PF is stronger than 30# CXX than I'll buy it but where is that proof. For my typical 4-5 oz baits I prefer the thickness of 25# Tritanium although I'm thinking of pushing that up to 30# Tritanium because of the heavy vegetation in my area and the often rub encountered with all the rock found. If I were fishing PF than I'd go to what ever pound test has the same diameter of 25/30# CXX. If that's 40# than so be it. Hopefully that made sense but am I missing something here?

If you want to buy it in bulk 3000yd spools, I called P-Line this summer when I finally ran out. They gave me the product number for the line test and spool sizes I wanted, and told me to call Fishermans Warehouse. They'll take your order and the line will ship direct from P-Line. It was like $60-$65 per 3000yd spool in 25 and 30lb.

I think that CXX diameter for diameter to the PF is very similar in strength. Therefore, the 30# PF can't be stronger than the 30# CXX. I believe Don has mentioned this before in the 30# CXX is really 40# PF.

This is the reason I fish diameter and not pound test. CXX like Big Game and Sufix Tritanium Plus (what I throw) are under rated for their diameter so they can say they are stronger. Now, if there's proof at the scale that 30# PF is stronger than 30# CXX than I'll buy it but where is that proof. For my typical 4-5 oz baits I prefer the thickness of 25# Tritanium although I'm thinking of pushing that up to 30# Tritanium because of the heavy vegetation in my area and the often rub encountered with all the rock found. If I were fishing PF than I'd go to what ever pound test has the same diameter of 25/30# CXX. If that's 40# than so be it. Hopefully that made sense but am I missing something here?

Not sure what you are saying here but no, 30 lb PF is not stronger than 30# CXX , It can't be, CXX is to thick for that to even be any kind of a test. Sounds like you are saying use thick line no matter what. Am I right? You are saying if you like 30 lb CXX go with 40 PF? The only points I was trying to make was it's thin for its test rating, cost was low too, I mean If I use 25 PF would you used 15 lb CXX? I'm not sure of that size difference :lol:

I'm using a smaller diameter than CXX, Triple fish, and other Xtra Strong or thick lines

But diameter for diameter, I would like to see how that goes but I have never seen any PF tests. Even if another line beat it out i'm happy with my catches and would most likely stick with it at this point ;)

Good luck!

PS I got my last Order from Jax Cat and it got here quick. That was my 1st order there.

We're on the same page. 30# CXX probably is more like 40# PF but I guess minus the stiffness and memory.

30lb PF is the same diameter as 20lb CXX. So yea, 30lb CXX is probably at least as thick as 40lb PF. CXX is way under rated in strength as you probably already know, and as Don just said I don't know of any actual breaking strength tests or numbers using both lines. It wouldn't surprise me if 30lb CXX was still actually stronger than 40lb PF.

I'd used CXX for a long time in 20 & 25lb for most baits. Talked with the man about PF for a while when I was running out of CXX, and bought a few filler spools of 20, 25, & 30lb. I'm fishing a lot of thick grass, timber and rock and the only thing that concerned me about PF was that it isn't near as hard as CXX and might not take the abuse. It handles a lot better and lasts longer, and after fishing it for the better part of a year, I didn't have any problems with knots, break offs, abrasion, etc. At that point I was sold and bought a lot of it.