DRT JOKER - A Surface Nightmare

BassInterceptor

6 hours ago, xxlbass said:

the lake or pond has some heat in it.  Looks fun!      What was the biggest caught?

8lb 5oz at the pond I been focusing on for the past few months. This place is a guaranteed 5 every time I hit it. I’m confident it’s DD territory. 

3 hours ago, gunnersfishingchannel said:

Sweet pond!  I love the fact you're all ninja'd out even during overcast.  Fit a boat in there?

Respectfully,

Josh

No boat, this spot requires being dropped off on the side of an interstate. Then a half mile hike through some wetlands. Gotta be Ninja’d out in Florida at all times to defeat the mosquitos :)

Ever run across the “golf course giant gator” while hiking in? One part of the pond looked a bit like one I saw near FGCU on a visit years ago. Super fishy looking but I was convinced every gator in the state was stalking my friend and I as we waded through the shoreline vegetation.

26 minutes ago, FishDr said:

Ever run across the “golf course giant gator” while hiking in? One part of the pond looked a bit like one I saw near FGCU on a visit years ago. Super fishy looking but I was convinced every gator in the state was stalking my friend and I as we waded through the shoreline vegetation.

@ 4:52 in the vid you will see a massive dead gator I found. Only thing that could have done this is an even bigger gator. There are wetlands behind this pond, and I always hear a deep gator bellow off in the woods. I suspect something massive is living back there. I come across a lot of big gators, but they all keep their distance. When I roll up to a spot, I thoroughly case the joint and fish with eyes in the back of my head.