2x Swimbait rod builds

rwp

If I can help at all, drop me a PM and I will give you my number. I have gotten a good bit of help from a few people on here, and I have learned a ton from my mistakes that I could try to pass along LOL.

Lots of trail and error in rod building. Also lots of ordering wrong parts, and waiting for the remedy for those wrong parts...lol.

I've never been an artistic person, but I found my creative side in rod building. Rod building went from hobby to small business for me.  

Its done! Well, almost, needs a little more drying time, but should be fishing it soon.

Far from perfect, my epoxy skills need some improvement, but I am really happy with how it turned out. I learned a ton and I am looking forward to the second rod coming together.

Finished length is 8'10". I have lures from 1/2oz to 5oz that I will be testing this week.

Video showing the whole rod: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pi6HByDEBFFcgA8a7

photos (1).jpg

photos (2).jpg

photos (3).jpg

photos (4).jpg

photos (5).jpg

photos (6).jpg

photos (7).jpg

Threw a 3.5oz savage glide all day today. Probably the perfect weight for the rod.

I hung a 5.5 oz baitsanity off it and it's definitely on the heavy side.

I think 1-4 or 3/4-4 is what it's going to be.

I hooked into a nice striper, probably 8lbs pretty early in the morning. Set the hook hard and it started rolling and threw the hook.

Oh well, maybe tomorrow I'll get one.

On 11/28/2020 at 7:24 PM, jthod said:

Lots of trail and error in rod building. Also lots of ordering wrong parts, and waiting for the remedy for those wrong parts...lol.

I've never been an artistic person, but I found my creative side in rod building. Rod building went from hobby to small business for me.  

X100000 on the ordering the wrong parts hahaha