2x Swimbait rod builds

rwp

19 hours ago, xSoCalBassKingx said:

X100000 on the ordering the wrong parts hahaha

I've gotten to the point that I just order extras on either side, or get several options just so I don't have to make another order.  

Most of these vendors aren't exactly like Amazon, it may take 10 days to get your order if you don't pay for expedited shipping.  Worse yet if you're ordering Marts from places like Matagi that come straight from Japan.

8 hours ago, jthod said:

I've gotten to the point that I just order extras on either side, or get several options just so I don't have to make another order.  

Most of these vendors aren't exactly like Amazon, it may take 10 days to get your order if you don't pay for expedited shipping.  Worse yet if you're ordering Marts from places like Matagi that come straight from Japan.

Nothing like waiting 4-5 days for a package to ship just to find out they sent it fedex smart post. Has to travel across the entire US a minimum of 3 times before it can be delivered.

I've been slacking with the photos. I got the cork reamed and test fit on the big rod. Then glued up the bottom and reel seat and wrapped the ferrule area.

Once that dries the fore grip and winding checks go on and the handle is done except for the final coat of thread finish at the end.

IMG_20201205_144625543.jpg

IMG_20201205_144631523.jpg

IMG_20201206_225855160.jpg

On 12/6/2020 at 4:10 AM, xSoCalBassKingx said:

I find it interesting that you glued the underwrap first, I’ve always glued it all together, it makes sense though, I’ve never done it! Definitely will come out cleaner, and you don’t have to worry about the threads going under the underwrap

Sorry I missed this post.

A thin coat of glue on the first wrap makes the next wrap go like butter.