DRT Repaints

Hogan893

Gosh the paint durability is terrible on these. Got my second joythief after mike was kind enough to replace the first one which after 30 minutes a quarter of the paint had chipped and peeled off. What spray paints do u guys recommend for the DRT baits?

8 hours ago, DrewManFishing said:

Interesting way to promote yourself.

Lol I’m not gonna be one of those custom painters im just looking for a way to repaint this thing once all the paint is all gone. 

• 1 month later...

After literally a week of fishing the Wcz K9 from the latest drop, 80% of the paint already flaked off leaving behind the silver/grey undercoat. I fished it heavily as is for a while but since I have other K9’s in different colors I decided to get this one repainted since I got tired of constantly finding flakes of paint in the bait wrap. Last week it was to the point that the all the paint in the back joint was gone and the only letter visible on top was “D” and “z” the rest of the paint in the front is practically gone

Didn’t want to pay big money for a trout/bass K9 and wanted to do something unique so decided to go for a “Ghost crappie” 

top half crappie color and bottom half clear 

a buddy of mine is doing the repaint and I’m super happy with it  I’ll post more pics of the final product 

11 hours ago, Mtrose23 said:

After literally a week of fishing the Wcz K9 from the latest drop, 80% of the paint already flaked off leaving behind the silver/grey undercoat. I fished it heavily as is for a while but since I have other K9’s in different colors I decided to get this one repainted since I got tired of constantly finding flakes of paint in the bait wrap. Last week it was to the point that the all the paint in the back joint was gone and the only letter visible on top was “D” and “z” the rest of the paint in the front is practically gone

Didn’t want to pay big money for a trout/bass K9 and wanted to do something unique so decided to go for a “Ghost crappie” 

top half crappie color and bottom half clear 

a buddy of mine is doing the repaint and I’m super happy with it  I’ll post more pics of the final product 

Not a big fan of drt but this is a sick paint job!

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2020 at 1:48 PM, Hogan893 said:

Was wondering if anyone had repainted a TK or K9? I just got my second used TK and first used K9 and and the hook rash is horrible on all of them. Just looking to see what everyone’s ideas are on eliminating this?

image.jpg

109D479F-B370-454D-88FF-FBD3647DF053.jpeg

4B7E5CE8-293F-435D-9D4B-C0D06E4246BD.jpeg

057AA1CE-2683-4A60-8997-BACE9E2FD6F9.jpeg

2EF75727-EFA7-4663-A822-12BB4FD63CD8.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Any good painter should be able to repaint it. There’s tons of people that do customs. If you don’t wanna be in a waiting line for the really well known guys. Some do real quality work.. others not so much. Choose wisely lol

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn’t sit idly by without my promoting my friend’s paint he’s been laying on lately. Had a Ghost and K9 repainted by my good buddy @ aquaticmarlon on Instagram 

The photos doesn’t do it’s justice showing how phenomenal his paint is getting 

9A8C7CEF-8902-4454-AA82-80FBF1636898.thumb.jpeg.ecab6f85351826a5ad1494bdb913bec4.jpeg

The ghost is painted in a more silver trout with pronounced spots 

44F03C38-44D1-45E3-8DF9-402E88186CCF.thumb.jpeg.0a634bb810c4b9f5faca68932e7a9d12.jpeg

The K9 is repainted as a lightning trout with really pronounced cheeks 

He’s also the painter of the (imo) better looking trout pattern ZFG’s from the latest drop. 

48FDC368-A8DD-42F7-8EDD-44C540836DC5.thumb.png.42ed1299d7c3bd36b53ea01237cc0414.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/3/2021 at 12:22 PM, 22RangerZ520R said:

So instead of working with your customers and attempting to make it "right", you ignore their attempts to make contact with you, cuss at them privately and publicly and tell them to "get over it".

Great business model sir.  You will go far...

I think we need screenshots of chat lol