316 Gill Glide In Stock

Austin69

On the one hand I get it. Why should he sell for $200 when flippers will buy them just to resell at $300+. His stuff is in high demand, he knows it, and if the price doesn’t stop it from selling then he hasn’t over priced it yet. 

personally I couldn’t pay $350 for a glide bait of that size. I have other cheaper ones that give me enough confidence and I don’t collect high end stuff just to have it or let it sit. I did pay $300 to buy a mothership on the TK pre order. I was 100% ok with that because of the size of the bait, the fact that it’s made by a guy local to me in San Diego, and because my favorite way to fish is with wakes, in particular big gill wakes. 

$350 can get a lightly used conquest, another mothership, another Z2020, parts to make another bad ass rod, and several other items that to me justify the price a little better.

but good for him, people like his stuff enough that he can charge what he wants and it’ll still go fast. I don’t mind seeing the bait maker get all the profits one bit, and it’s an awesome bait that id love to try one day if I find one for a cost that I like. 

He did have some commentary about his prices on IG and one thing that came up was he said Mattlures aren’t made in the US. I went back to IG to find the statement but now all of his stuff is taken down except one post. Perhaps the discussion got out of hand. That being said, where are Mattlures made?