Another PB Smackdown!

porkmeatballs

Well it's safe to say that I'm completely hooked on glide baits now! Went out with my brother on another fishing sesh the other day and was hoping to get on a swimbait fish. It was extremely slow (0 bites on swimbaits) for pretty much the entire day, and my arms and shoulder were getting sore from chucking my glide every which way. We decided to hit one last spot before turning in, and I'm sure glad we did! I pulled up to the spot, launched my newly painted chartreuse glide close to the bank, and started the reliable "twitch, twitch, pause" cadence. It didn't take long before my bait got absolutely slammed! The fish pulled me around for a few seconds, then popped off. I was quite disheartened, but proceeded to continue the retrieve. Another fish then proceeded to blast my glide a second time near the surface as I swam it subsurface! All I could do was hold on to my rod as the fish dragged my kayak wherever it pleased. After a good fight and a lot of hard runs, my brother managed to heave the fish into the boat. NEW striper PB at 20# and 29"!!! We took a few pictures, revived the fish, and let her swim off. I was absolutely stunned. Afterwards, I also caught a 9# striper, but all I could think about was the 20 :D #glidebaitsforlife haha

afterfocus_1611298993796-01.jpeg

IMG_2461-02.jpeg

IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2417.JPG

1 hour ago, azsouth said:

Dam! I miss the Delta, with endless miles of fishing....... just not all the people.

Fall run usually has better fish, great job! Spring run always brought #'s for me.

For sure! I don't know when I will be able to get out again since my school schedule is pretty packed. Hopefully soon!

37 minutes ago, porkmeatballs said:

For sure! I don't know when I will be able to get out again since my school schedule is pretty packed. Hopefully soon!

Dude tell me about it, even if my water wasn't frozen it would be a struggle to get out. School blows