Bucket list fish

WaterWolf44

@bassturds Originally from philly but I work on a 68ft Viking in NJ and pretty much live on the boat now. I used to work on a charter boat, killed lots and lots of tuna over the years, definitely my favorite fish to target other than swords. Bluefin are fun till you fight one for 6 hours 

6 minutes ago, Drewm42 said:

@bassturds Originally from philly but I work on a 68ft Viking in NJ and pretty much live on the boat now. I used to work on a charter boat, killed lots and lots of tuna over the years, definitely my favorite fish to target other than swords. Bluefin are fun till you fight one for 6 hours 

That’s so badass dude!   I live in MA. I’ll have a boat someday to get after those awesome pelagic fish. Dying to get back to block island again! 

4 minutes ago, bassturds said:

That’s so badass dude!   I live in MA. I’ll have a boat someday to get after those awesome pelagic fish. Dying to get back to block island again! 

Yeah man I’m living the good life hahaha. Where at in mass we got that 734 in Hyannis in October, 4 miles off the beach off chatham so you don’t have to go far for those all the other ones on your list you have to get out to the blue water

11 minutes ago, Drewm42 said:

Yeah man I’m living the good life hahaha. Where at in mass we got that 734 in Hyannis in October, 4 miles off the beach off chatham so you don’t have to go far for those all the other ones on your list you have to get out to the blue water

Wow 4 miles off the beach. That’s wild.  Fishing the rips?  

if lived in Ptown I’d be able to get out there and catch em on the boat I have. It’s not an offshore boat. 2-3 years ago. WE had massive pogie schools for 20 miles.  We had BFT and whales bustin off the beaches.    Idk the chance of booking up to a tuna but the stripers were incredible that year.  We don’t get a lot of big fish hanging in my area unless there’s big schools of Pogies.  

3 minutes ago, bassturds said:

Wow 4 miles off the beach. That’s wild.  Fishing the rips?  

if lived in Ptown I’d be able to get out there and catch em on the boat I have. It’s not an offshore boat. 2-3 years ago. WE had massive pogie schools for 20 miles.  We had BFT and whales bustin off the beaches.    Idk the chance of booking up to a tuna but the stripers were incredible that year.  We don’t get a lot of big fish hanging in my area unless there’s big schools of Pogies.  

Man that’s awesome to see, you gotta get a couple 130s and put out some live bluefish and macks and let a big girl tow you around for a while

2 hours ago, Drewm42 said:

Man that’s awesome to see, you gotta get a couple 130s and put out some live bluefish and macks and let a big girl tow you around for a while

hahaha yea that would be nice. Can’t afford 130s my money is spent on swimbaits haha.  My buddy is getting a boat for tuna this season.  I’ll get a chance for one. Finally hooked up on my first tuna last year.  30 Miles east of Chatham.  Both in 230 feet of water on cod jigs.   1 spooled us on spinning gear. The other one bent a TA clip. That rod was for cod fishing and not tuna. If I had a stronger clip we would of had it.  My buddy, who’s the captain, said we were close to landing that fish. 

3 hours ago, bassturds said:

hahaha yea that would be nice. Can’t afford 130s my money is spent on swimbaits haha.  My buddy is getting a boat for tuna this season.  I’ll get a chance for one. Finally hooked up on my first tuna last year.  30 Miles east of Chatham.  Both in 230 feet of water on cod jigs.   1 spooled us on spinning gear. The other one bent a TA clip. That rod was for cod fishing and not tuna. If I had a stronger clip we would of had it.  My buddy, who’s the captain, said we were close to landing that fish. 

Hahaha I hate when they bite the wrong rod had a 500lb bluefin eat our bait while we were yellowfin fishing a couple years ago finally landed it after 6 hours, a week later had the same thing happen got that one after 3 hours

20 hours ago, Drewm42 said:

Hahaha I hate when they bite the wrong rod had a 500lb bluefin eat our bait while we were yellowfin fishing a couple years ago finally landed it after 6 hours, a week later had the same thing happen got that one after 3 hours

That so sick dude, never been out for yellow fin. Only BFT like 5 or 6 times. that time I hooked up, we had the 130s out with macks. Not a sniff! Few blow up Chasing break fish but couldn’t get em!