Shipping delays

Rharttulane

So I sold some baits and shipped 3 different baits to 3 different states. 2 arrived in a pretty standard timeframe, but one has had ZERO updates since it arrived at a distribution center in Texas. We are coming up on 2 weeks. I am a new member and These were literally my first baits to sell/ship. having a good reputation is obviously really important to me. What is the protocol in these situations. 1. I provided the tracking number soon as I shipped them. 2. I'm trying to get information from USPS but it's like pulling robot teeth. 3. I'm trying to respond as quickly as possible to the guy but I can understand frustration as weeks go by. Thanks for any info. 

I have had 2 hiccups over the last month.

Took 13 days to receive some 6" citizens through FedEx. Thought I got scammed for a couple days but seller was great and kept up communication.

Made a HUGE trade with a new member. He shipped 1st no issue. Tracking moved first 2 days but didn't leave SC. Then silence for like a week. Then Denver for 3 days and then 2 me, out for delivery late 2 days in a row.

Both made them to me but longggg wait these days. 

I recommend opening a claim and have them look for it.atleast it shows you are trying to find it. I was happy when the seller opened it without asking.

Goodluck!

20 minutes ago, Rharttulane said:

So I sold some baits and shipped 3 different baits to 3 different states. 2 arrived in a pretty standard timeframe, but one has had ZERO updates since it arrived at a distribution center in Texas. We are coming up on 2 weeks. I am a new member and These were literally my first baits to sell/ship. having a good reputation is obviously really important to me. What is the protocol in these situations. 1. I provided the tracking number soon as I shipped them. 2. I'm trying to get information from USPS but it's like pulling robot teeth. 3. I'm trying to respond as quickly as possible to the guy but I can understand frustration as weeks go by. Thanks for any info. 

I can tell you that anything that comes anywhere near Philadelphia is a mess. A lot of my 2 day shipments took weeks to arrive 

I rarely ship USPS, unless it's something that can go first class and doesn't matter if it actually gets there. As far as incoming, USPS has been pretty good to me this year, running on average about 2 days late.

Anything outgoing goes UPS, better service and if something does happen, they will actually pay out on the insurance.

1 hour ago, Take My Money said:

I can tell you that anything that comes anywhere near Philadelphia is a mess. A lot of my 2 day shipments took weeks to arrive 

Philadelphia is an absolute nightmare, I had a bait take 37 days to get to Cali and 30 of them it was just in Philly. Still waiting on a rod from F5 that shipped middle of January. Best to just keep in constant conversation with who you are sending it to and raise a claim after a few weeks to put it on USPS radar.

9 minutes ago, kingcardigan said:

Philadelphia is an absolute nightmare, I had a bait take 37 days to get to Cali and 30 of them it was just in Philly. Still waiting on a rod from F5 that shipped middle of January. Best to just keep in constant conversation with who you are sending it to and raise a claim after a few weeks to put it on USPS radar.

Yea I def think staying in contact and replying to questions is the move. 

1 hour ago, rwp said:

Usps has a 1 to 4,653 day transit time. If the buyer doesn't want to wait, you'll eventually have to send a refund.

I have absolutely no problem refunding someone. How does it work (hypothetically) if you refund someone and then the bait is delivered to them ? Honor system to send it back or repay for it ? 

34 minutes ago, BigBaiter said:

Same here. But international shipping. The packages leaving Austria after 2 days and as soon as the USPS gets their hands on it nothing happens. Guys have to wait 4 to 6 weeks. It´s ridiculous!

Yea man I bet international shipping is a nightmare

If he has any knowledge at all he should realize what shipping is like right now. I don’t see in any way, shape, or form how you should be responsible for the baits knowing how the usps is right now. You did your part by shipping. You are no more responsible for the package at this point than he is. The baits WILL get to him. He needs to show some patience. Right now it’s pretty common for items to take 2-3 weeks even shipping a couple states away. And I would NOT refund someone I didn’t know on a personal level. What’s to stop him from taking your money and not repaying you when the baits show up?

Just open claim, it will get ‘unstuck’ in a few days. Whenever I see a package sit at a facility for more than 48h I file. 

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Until they get their house in order just ship UPS or FedEx, only a dollar or two more. 

I bought a bait on here from a member in Texas not long ago. He shipped on Feb 22 and tracking showed it leaving the facility. Arrival date came and no shipping update from USPS. I finally got an update that it had arrived in another Tx location and nothing. Then it was here in AL.  It came on March 4th. I had no issue with the seller at all. I knew that USPS was mixed up. It was my first time buying in the BM. But the Seller did his part. And it’s not the first time or longest time USPS has had a bait I ordered in limbo. It’s just how it is in some areas right now. I bought another bait from the North that same week and it arrived in 5 days. I got some baits last month from Japan and they arrived via Fed Ex in like 5 days.