Bite-Sized Shad

danthefisherman

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, BigSpirit said:

Just read through this thread, what a sweet bait! Hope the rest of your process has gone well. 

This may be a dumb question, but is the hardware (hook hangers and joint eyes) molded in? Or are they added after the fact and drilled in then glued somehow?

Hey thanks! Progress has slowed down on this little bait because I have a good handful of fishable prototypes already…but I do plan to revamp/remold eventually.

Yes, all the screw eyes are molded into the bait for consistency.

Edited by danthefisherman

1 hour ago, danthefisherman said:

Hey thanks! Progress has slowed down on this little bait because I have a good handful of fishable prototypes already…but I do plan to revamp/remold eventually.

Yes, all the screw eyes are molded into the bait for consistency.

Cool, thanks for the info, I’m sure they’ll turn out great!

• 1 year later...

An old thread (and wow I didn’t realize how old this build is), but this new “prototype” looks too juicy to not share before I lose it to a tree or something…again. High vis pattern for those low vis water conditions:

IMG_2624.thumb.jpeg.04433e8626b9637770ae2e215c68dfc1.jpeg

3 hours ago, flaswimbaiter said:

Love that bait.  Didn’t know you were little piggy. 

I do too! It’s put a lot of fish “in the boat” for me including my pb bass and pb crappie. It even caught my pb clam :lol:

Yeah me and my brother build together, so you’ll see both of our work displayed there. For the most part, I run the account though and have really enjoyed following your page and seeing all the cool baits you make.

2 hours ago, danthefisherman said:

I do too! It’s put a lot of fish “in the boat” for me including my pb bass and pb crappie. It even caught my pb clam :lol:

Yeah me and my brother build together, so you’ll see both of our work displayed there. For the most part, I run the account though and have really enjoyed following your page and seeing all the cool baits you make.

Oh, I almost forgot about the huge freshwater clams in the delta!!