Traditional shaving

JDHanson79

Just wondering if anyone here does the Traditional style wet shaving with a DE safety razor or straight razor (Cut Throat)? I just started doing it and man I don't know why I didn't start sooner!

I did once! I looked like I'd been in a fight with a rabid racoon :shock:

And lost :(

If/when I get a straight razor shave, a local barber still does it for me. 5 bucks is MORE than worth it for him to shave my head. You get the hot lather treatment and some great conversation with a guy who has been straight razoring guys longer than I've been alive.

My face doesnt get touched, obviously. LOL

i started a couple years ago. Way better than some disposable crap if you have the patience to keep the blade sharp. I do mine while Im chillin watchin movies or comedy central. A barber strap and some polishing compound gives it that extra clean edge, no more razor burn for me after I started this.

I just shaved today with a Double edge safety razor, no nicks or cuts. And I have to say it takes a bit longer but the shave is way nicer.

I might give the straight razor a try once I am more than comfortable with the DE safety razor.

• 2 weeks later...