Calling Northern Swimbaiters

swimbait_md

Im new to the sb game and looking for advice here in md. We have an array of conditions, and ive found a trout lake but mostly im fishing lakes with shad. What baits should i be throwing and when and where should i be sending them.

I'm not knowledgeable in Maryland fishing regulations. But,if its legal i would 100 percent go out at night or early morning before sunrise. Get yourself a couple wake baits. A Rat,Slammer,Bull wake, one of the many Gill imitators, etc.. Whatever you like. If you fish from the bank, boat ramps,beaches ,dams are a good place to start .  Moons out Goons out.

2 hours ago, Harshwaters said:

I'm not knowledgeable in Maryland fishing regulations. But,if its legal i would 100 percent go out at night or early morning before sunrise. Get yourself a couple wake baits. A Rat,Slammer,Bull wake, one of the many Gill imitators, etc.. Whatever you like. If you fish from the bank, boat ramps,beaches ,dams are a good place to start .  Moons out Goons out.

A wake bait is without a doubt on the list of baits to get 

• 8 months later...

I’m in upstate ny. My top baits are

bull wake

toxic Wadd3 

Storm Arashi glide

hudd68

you can do a lot of damage with these. But from ice out to ice in you can get bites on top with a wake bait so it’s tough to put it down.

don’t get caught up in buying a ton of baits but it does get addicting but you’ll find your confidence baits and stick with those 90% of the time