Hypothetical World Record Question

fishratt

I know a guy who had a Black Crappie that was in the high 3's smoke his 10 inch huddleston on a bed once, It was on the stinger hook, but still very impressive. Personally I'd go for the 18 pound largemouth, bluegill don't get me going.

On 5/26/2021 at 12:06 PM, Jon P said:

World record bluegill.
If I caught an eighteen lb bass via genie power I’d never have the motivation to keep trying to break that mark.

That's an interesting point. I've always wondered if I'd have the same drive to fish if I absolutely smashed my PB (say I caught a 10 which for new england is nearly unheard of). On the one hand you've accomplished your goal but on the other, I don't know how I'd feel knowing I'd never catch a new PB.

13 hours ago, DrewManFishing said:

I think this would be a more interesting question if you changed it to a 10 pound bass. I would still take the bass though haha

Same, bucket list is a 10 but Im going to have to travel to cali, texas, or florida to make that happen it seems.  

11 hours ago, NEbucketmouth19 said:

That's an interesting point. I've always wondered if I'd have the same drive to fish if I absolutely smashed my PB (say I caught a 10 which for new england is nearly unheard of). On the one hand you've accomplished your goal but on the other, I don't know how I'd feel knowing I'd never catch a new PB.

Made the long trek to Clearlake in cali from Utah years back with grand illusions that we would catch some giants (biggest fish caught in a week of fishing was a 5), looking back on it now I am almost glad we didn't because it would make coming home and fishing in Utah much harder knowing that I would never again get close to catching another real trophy.  

a bit off topic, but my fishing buddy's dad, Townsend Miller (deceased) is the long standing World Record Holder for Long Nosed Gar.  6.5 feet, 50lb5oz.

I remember my friend telling me that way back and i said something like "yeah prove it".........he grabbed an encyclopedia off the shelf and pointed to the record.