First Rat c2c on a Rat I was ready to retire

SumoNinja

This rat is over 10 yrs old. Was when scott was still using clear lips as opposed to the current computer board lips. I busted the lip (before and after pics included) on a dock and while removing the old one I cracked the bait starting at the lip slot toward the top. I talked to scott, @chefchrisand @El_Weruso and they gave me pointers on what to do.  (Btw, thanks guys)

Ended up drilling a new hole thru the chin, thru the new lip and into the body on other side of the crack. So I can screw a new line tie screw connecting the front of the baits nose thru the new lip and securely into the body. 

Now it's got 2 line ties. But it did add a little weight and now I can't really wake the bait. It wants to go subsurface on a long cast. I mainly fished this bait as a wake. I considered retiring it because I couldn't fish it how I used to and also because I have other rats I can wake. But I recently saw 2 buddies catch on their nez rat so I took her out again. Glad I did

When the bait hit the water I reeled in the slack, gave it 3 rod twitches and paused and this fish really hammered it as u can see how my rod pulled on the bite. The way the gopro app saved my video I had to make 2 videos of the c2c 

20200910_103923.jpg

20210530_114206.jpg

19 minutes ago, Rogervang said:

Nice c2c man, how do you like that curado?

Thanks bro. This curado 301k is my smoothest reel. It replaced my tranx 301 and I'm not looking back. I have a tranx 201, curado 301e, lexa 300 and conquest 401

For the price it's hard to beat. If ANY of my other 300 size reels break I'm buying another 301k. I wouldn't even think twice 

1 minute ago, Jim137a said:

Awesome story - love the fact that you put life back into the rat instead of retiring it. 

Thanks Jim. It was repaired a year ago already and this is only the second time I've taken it out since. First time was only to test swim and I was a little bummed it wasn't exactly the same but she's definitely got new life. And cranks down even a little deeper now.