Deps 250 bb natural trout.

kickinbASS

The problem with the Internet is you can't see that I'm actually laughing at you. :lol:

I don't take anything posted on a forum personal.

I am glad your laughing! :lol: You are the one that made this thread start to get wierd and off topic... I was just stating my opinion. I have owned most versions of Mickey's hardbaits and passed them on to get baits that worked for me. Until you try a big glide bait, you propably won't understand what I am talking about. I wish Mickey would release a version of a glide, I would buy it in a second. He had one in the works a while ago, but maybe he couldn't figure it out? It is not about made in the USA to me so much as baits that draw bites from the fish I want to catch!

It is too bad that this bait blew up like it did, because the fish will get used to it. I have allready seen it happening on a small lake I fish every now and then.

More power to ya for throwing a big bait where you live, hope you are enjoying the snow!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a one man small business 160 is a deal for a quality product like a 3:16 hardbait. No pock marks from air bubbles (for some reasons other co's wont fill those or learn to pressure cast :| ), great action, uber nice paint. To make a living making baits and keeping it all in house.. I am in awe at what 3:16 does. Thats why I try and buy swimbaits from small operations based here in the USA. attention to detail, ownership, supporting the american working man, Im all for that. Deps are great, the bass 250 ss is a fish catchin mofo... but i stay with made in the USA ish! id rather put the $$ in the pockets of my fellow americans if at all possible.

+1! American=Quality

I'm not knocking Deps, but I'm gonna buy American any chance I get!

When was the last time anyone here sold a 3:16 bait for retail?

I sold the two baits I got from the last 3:16 release for exactly what I have into them. Just helping some guys out who I know will throw them.

So the answer to that question would be "yesterday."

So many people are willing to pay 2-3 times retail for a 316 hardbait even though hardly ANY big fish are actually posted on em. Just sayin' :lol:

They get bit when Sean and I throw them. If you're not getting fish, that sounds like a personal problem.

If any of you guys are still going to attend the Fred Hall show, I would definitely recommend it. I'm not sure if you guys know, but there is actually at least 2 Deps Butch Brown Slide Swimmer in natural trout swimbaits available. I saw them as I was walking around the isles. I will not tell you guys which store is carrying them as you'll have to attend the show and search and seriously pay attention to everything. I didn't even notice the baits at first since they seemed to be hidden. Anyways, just wanted to get the word out there.

I am so proud of you David, you have come a long way in one year.

I am well aware that I'm a noob. I am also very grateful for what Mickey's baits have allowed me to accomplish in a relatively short period of time. Some of it has been all the work I've put into it but a big part of the success I've had was the opportunity to use some outstanding baits. The great thing about it is that, as well as I have done with them so far, they are still getting better and better as I learn more about using them. My point is that if a noob like me can get bit on them, they have to be pretty damn good baits.

I think the number one reason this bait gets bit in SoCal is because it is quiet. Most of the hard baits make too much noise. I'll stick to the Slide Swimmer and the Hudd.

Calis swimbait games light years ahead of the rest of the country,baits get beat to death out there,just the amount of swimbait fisherman there compared to the rest of the country is crazy,bites get worn out quick, fish get conditioned to seeing the same.baits.when a new one comes out and its good it rips the scene a new one for awhile and then as the fish get conditioned it dies off,so what won't get bit in one state may get bite in another it speaks more to the education of the fish than the quality of the bait,in some cases.So enjoy the slide swimmer as much as you can now but as it gets noticed the bite will slowly die,that's a fact,I haven't fished the 250 but I plan to

At the end of the day its personal prefrence fish what you want and remember..HAVE FUN!

I think the number one reason this bait gets bit in SoCal is because it is quiet. Most of the hard baits make too much noise. I'll stick to the Slide Swimmer and the Hudd.

Calis swimbait games light years ahead of the rest of the country,baits get beat to death out there,just the amount of swimbait fisherman there compared to the rest of the country is crazy,bites get worn out quick, fish get conditioned to seeing the same.baits.when a new one comes out and its good it rips the scene a new one for awhile and then as the fish get conditioned it dies off,so what won't get bit in one state may get bite in another it speaks more to the education of the fish than the quality of the bait,in some cases.So enjoy the slide swimmer as much as you can now but as it gets noticed the bite will slowly die,that's a fact,I haven't fished the 250 but I plan to

At the end of the day its personal prefrence fish what you want and remember..HAVE FUN!

Soo true... perfect posts to let this thread die on :lol: