DEPS TK Killers?

iFishLA

3 hours ago, El_Weruso said:

Same thing as a TK, nothing really different lol The dam lip design is the same as well. Perhaps they worked together? 

The patent probably ran out on the TK or maybe they aren’t exactly the design?

Just got my sweetkiller. It's got a much smaller profile than the TK. The lip from the TK might fit if you really jam it in there. The tails would need to be trimmed up a bit to fit as the depsis more rounded. Seems like the sweetkiller would be a good option if the fish want something smaller. 

20210709_131847.jpg

1 hour ago, Adusak said:

Just got my sweetkiller. It's got a much smaller profile than the TK. The lip from the TK might fit if you really jam it in there. The tails would need to be trimmed up a bit to fit as the depsis more rounded. Seems like the sweetkiller would be a good option if the fish want something smaller. 

20210709_131847.jpg

Thanks for the Feedback! Exactly what I wanted to hear. I am gonna order 1 or 2 of them tonight.

Edited by iFishLA

On 7/9/2021 at 7:26 AM, Tony_x18 said:

Should just merge this thread with the DRT knockoff thread. 

If you do a search on YouTube it's clearly the silent killer 145 mod. with a round lip and fluke tail. Looks like the opposite as far as a rip off design. The old silent killer 145 lip can be removed with a hair dryer. The new versions are now made from ABS obviously. There is a connection between the new the sweet killer and silent killer. IMO throw big baits.

6 minutes ago, marc626 said:

If you do a search on YouTube it's clearly the silent killer 145 mod. with a round lip and fluke tail. Looks like the opposite as far as a rip off design. The old silent killer 145 lip can be removed with a hair dryer. The new versions are now made from ABS obviously. There is a connection between the new the sweet killer and silent killer. IMO throw big baits.

Screenshot_20210712-232424.png

8 hours ago, marc626 said:

Looks like they used the 145 body which is smart to use something you already have vs designing a whole new body. But they used the same tail slot and lip style as the TK nobody that I know of had that before DRT. Line tie in the same spot. Even the back section looks like its reshaped a bit looking closer to the TK. I'm far from a DRT fan boy I'm not mad about this or even the TK KO to be honest. DRT should keep up with demand if they dont want people to go elsewhere but IMO they tried making their own TK.