Texas Swimbaiting

coreyyarish

Just got into swim baiting a couple months ago. I haven't caught any monsters yet but one nice one. I have a deps 175 in keta bass, a 8 inch magdraft and some large paddle tails. I am wondering how y'all throw big swimbaits in Texas. I have been throwing the 175 around docks and points but have not even seen a follower.  Also what would be the best color deps or other swimbait color to use? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Same as anywhere else, try to get your bait close to cover and swim it by pinch points. I just moved out here a few months ago and most of the ponds near me don't have any rock which is something I would always target, so for me its been mostly vegetation cover and structure changes that create pinch points. Just keep at it and may want to try going at night.

• 3 weeks later...

im not in texas but in general like pitch or short cast to ambush points then make them eat it like pop it a few times, thats what i do most of the time. ive also just started but ive had luck on a gancraft jointed claw 178 because i can pop it and it kinda almost dead walks, i think something for that you need something that stays in place more so it has time to pass in front of its face and stay in the strike zone longer, one of the reasons why i want a TK but oh well i got what i got for now.