Nameless Custom Rods

Jim137a

I “ needed “ a rod to throw battle shads and other jig hook type baits and @chefchris recommended I take a look at the Nameless Custom Rods 746 Adventure.  It’s a 2 piece travel rod rated from 3/4 to 5 ounces and it seems spot on. I threw a CHR Swimbaits Chuleta Jr at about 1 oz rigged all the way up to a 4 oz Klash 9 easily. The fact that rod breaks down will make it perfect for a few trips I have planned. It will also be great in the yak as its only 7’ 4” so landing fish should be easier and the casting accuracy with a shorter rod is a pretty good bonus. 

The rating of 3/4 to 5 ozs. Fits the bill perfectly for the baits that I typically throw so from the bank and the yak it should be a winner. 

FF88B003-AE64-4164-847A-2F4643F792C5.jpeg

3468C48D-AE67-4468-B227-049DD1492F99.jpeg

Justin (owner of Nameless Rods) is a stand up guy, and I as well had help from @chefchris. I just put in my order finally for a 746, same rod, I can't wait. Thanks for the review, these are exactly the same baits I'm going to be throwing, to see yet another person confirm that this rod is perfect for those baits makes me even more excited to get mine in. 

Edited by Ravelthus

11 minutes ago, Ravelthus said:

Justin (owner of Nameless Rods) is a stand up guy, and I as well had help from @chefchris. I just put in my order finally for a 746, same rod, I can't wait. Thanks for the review, these are exactly the same baits I'm going to be throwing, to see yet another person confirm that this rod is perfect for those baits makes me even more excited to get mine in. 

I’d like to hear your thoughts when you get yours.  I’m used to throwing 8 to 8 ‘ 6” rods so this rod has a few distinct advantages - lighter, can cast it from tight quarters while bank fishing, easier to land fish in the yak and it’s definitely more accurate when really trying to hit a small target. 

My adventure rod got delivered yesterday i think. I've never been a fan of 8' rods, and I wanted a rod that I could more accurately cast/skip 6" Citizens when fishing near docks and stuff. Figured I would give the adventure rod a try. 

Mine looks a little different than yours but will be using it for similar applications. I'm hoping its a nice mix of stout and parabolic to drive the beast hooks home on the rare occasion i get a bite LOL

57 minutes ago, captainhookset said:

My adventure rod got delivered yesterday i think. I've never been a fan of 8' rods, and I wanted a rod that I could more accurately cast/skip 6" Citizens when fishing near docks and stuff. Figured I would give the adventure rod a try. 

Mine looks a little different than yours but will be using it for similar applications. I'm hoping its a nice mix of stout and parabolic to drive the beast hooks home on the rare occasion i get a bite LOL

Let me know what u think when u get to fish it.  It’ll be a few days before I get to fish again. 

A bit of a update - fished the 746 from the yak today and it’s perfect - makes landing fish so much easier with a shorted rod. Threw a 6” lunker punker with ease and made walking it so much easier that an 8’ rod. 

8556E3F7-CEF3-4BE8-9B4B-A0BD7B68F2C9.jpeg

565A286D-D635-44B3-A1EB-5675C38391C7.jpeg

A486B4AE-E6DB-429D-B070-D51A3D5FA4B0.jpeg

4 hours ago, chevro1et said:

Where is the joint in the blank? Does it break down into 2 equal length pieces or does it break down just above the reel seat? 

Breaks down just above the reel seat - when separated the blank is about 6’ 4” and the handle is 18”. 

208A35F0-9350-44A6-BD53-559D7E56E0F1.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Can’t believe I didn’t see this earlier.  I have the 807 since Oct 2020 and adventure rod since this past April.  I still own my Nef custom rods with aluminum reel seats, but needed a some cold weather rods.  And love the reel seats Justin uses.  Justin is legit and so are the rods he builds.  Use my adventure rod for ufo’s and rats.  807 for glides mostly.   Adventure rod I can chuck Hiroshima billrilla and toxic wade hogg with ease.   The 807 heaviest bait I chucked was 86 wake with ease.   I use both Nef and nameless only with the adventure rod getting the most use now.  Just looking for better reels for cold weather lol

8D7F633A-54D9-4887-BB82-3CD8F99B5FDB.jpeg

ADD688FE-1AF8-4E58-97DC-29F2A3467E45.jpeg

E4936213-141B-4FD5-A84D-02B387707201.jpeg

16 hours ago, Escondido_Talent said:

Can’t believe I didn’t see this earlier.  I have the 807 since Oct 2020 and adventure rod since this past April.  I still own my Nef custom rods with aluminum reel seats, but needed a some cold weather rods.  And love the reel seats Justin uses.  Justin is legit and so are the rods he builds.  Use my adventure rod for ufo’s and rats.  807 for glides mostly.   Adventure rod I can chuck Hiroshima billrilla and toxic wade hogg with ease.   The 807 heaviest bait I chucked was 86 wake with ease.   I use both Nef and nameless only with the adventure rod getting the most use now.  Just looking for better reels for cold weather lol

8D7F633A-54D9-4887-BB82-3CD8F99B5FDB.jpeg

ADD688FE-1AF8-4E58-97DC-29F2A3467E45.jpeg

E4936213-141B-4FD5-A84D-02B387707201.jpeg

Damn it now I have to add the 807 to my line up.  Love my 746.