New User Rant

TLRMADE

Everyone has to start somewhere and most guys think swimbaits are expensive, so the black market helps em dive in. Ive bought alot of lures i fished and resold with only a dmall loss because i wanted to fish the bait and see how its works. With out spots like the black market i would have experienced alot less baits. This site has so many stud swimbait tossers, theres a huge knowlege base. I think worm was throwing a # out there but i have to agree with that statement also, for me i throw swimbaits to try and target the biggest fish possible, dont catch em very often! :lol: but i try to! With enough time chucking the big fish will come, but you gotta put your time in. And SU can cut that time down for newbies, thats for sure.

Agreed. Fact is, everybody was a "newbie" at one time. I've only really been throwing swimbaits for a couple years now and still have lots to learn, this forum has been a great resource

I've yet to get a DD, but I think of anything less than 5lbs as a dink. They are still fun to catch, but definitely not what I'm searching for. Could be totally different in other parts. I know a 7 or 8 in Cali isn't a big deal, but for here in NC or even further North, it's not the biggest, but definitely a rare fish.

Not gonna speak for Bigworm, but what I think he was saying is that guys are talking a lot about the theory of throwing big baits without ever posting pictures or videos to back up their theory....or even sharing much real world experience with a bait. I might be way off the mark, but that's how I took it.

You see guys with a lot of posts, few fish catches, and a ton of black market postings. I'm not trying to offend anyone with that statement either, just speaking the truth. I'm fortunate enough to get out and fish once and usually twice a week and other guys just don't have the time to do it. I'm definitely no swimbait guru or anything like that, hell I'm still a noob to this game :geek: But thanks to this forum, it was an easy transition from throwing the tournament dink baits to stepping up to the megasized baits. I remember watching the STE DVD and thinking "Oh my God, 8" and 10" baits?!?!!?" :lol::lol: An 8" bait now feels small and a 10-12" bait feels "normal" :D

I mean honestly guys, just look how far this forum has came along in the past few years. It was once a 3:16 ruled mafia(which I have no problem with, I own more 3:16's than any other bait!) and now discussion is opened up more and more on other baits. I really think the glide bait had a big part of that because there is obviously no denying how good a glide bait is. There is so much information to be gathered with the search function(after clicking past the drama of course) and I tell anyone who is wanting to get started into swimbaiting to get on here ASAP.

Try to give the noobs a break though :lol: They see all the success everyone is having with these big baits, their friends talking about the big fish, and they're just wanting to get in on the action themselves. The black market here is by far the best place in the world that I have found to get baits that are not normally available. Most noobs are too eager to wait to get their 5 posts in before they try to buy a bait. Some of them wash out and others become great contributors, but just remember we were all there at one time or another :D As stated by plenty of people, you have to start somewhere and to me this forum is as good of a place as any...as long as your not a complete dumb@ss :lol:

for me, personally, i am totally new to bass fishing. started getting serious about it last february, and i pretty much have gone ALL IN...

being the noob that i am, i somehow got into big swimbaits thru my good buddy John. I actually have more swimbaits than him now, but still have yet to stick a good one.

that's pretty much why i havent contributed... much at all

i actually love to share personal fish stories, post reports with pics and vids... i just have to continue being persistent so i can actually improve my game and have something worth posting about.

as long as i'm a part of this club, eventually, when i get over the hump, i plan on contributing alot more

love this club! props to everyone here

nard

it is not trolling, trolling is basically stirring the pot to get a reaction out of people.

They are trying to get a bait and probably don't realize they only need 5 post before they can pm.l. As long as they are not scamming the seller, passing along bad information or causing trouble, I personally wouldn't worry about it. We all start out as newbs.

I agree with londonmitch, with the exception of a few fish caught on a BBZ shad And a bunch of Skinny Dipper catches (which I don't really count as swimbaits) I am brand new to the swimbait scene. I got lucky and found a kayak post that I could contribute on since that's what I'm into. Other than that I bought some swimbaits from Ceasar, got a few Hudd 68's from the last release, and I just bought a Curado 300D from Spameggsandrice. I'm trying to get into the scene but until my Dobyns 795SBMT gets here I'm stuck just reading about it. Ill try and contribute more after I get on the water and start experiencing something to share.

Yea I agree, find something your into and contribute like you did in the kayak thread. I mean imagine how many posts someone could get if they went into the sutv or gottem section.....I mean that's how most get thier counts up and contribute at the same time.

I remember when I was scared to post anything bc I had never thrown anything like it before. So I would go into the bait reviews and ask questions and then look at the got em sections and just drool over the Cali guys hauling in these hogs.

I guess I understand what y'all are saying by them being new and wanting to get into the scene but I just feel like there's plenty of ways to contribute.

Is the "no pms until a certain post" bc of bots?

Taylor everytime I see you avatar

I think of captain Morgan :lol:

LOL "Got a Little Bass in You?"

I agree with Travis. I am one of those noobs that has most of my posts inthe black market section. I have gotten quite a few baits on here in the last few weeks and when I get my LDC in the mail, I will start throwing and actually contributing to this forum in a more constructive way. Lots of members on this forum have been more than helpful and have been gracious enough to offer their advice. I really have learned a lot but have much more to learn. I am sorry if I have rekindled any old topics because of not using the search button. I am like the posterboy of this thread minus asking to email about a bait because I didnt have enough posts. I think I may have done that once about a month ago, then I explored and accumulated more posts. Thank you everyone for sharing your personal experiences and knowledge with me.

Tony

I agree with Travis. I am one of those noobs that has most of my posts inthe black market section. I have gotten quite a few baits on here in the last few weeks and when I get my LDC in the mail, I will start throwing and actually contributing to this forum in a more constructive way. Lots of members on this forum have been more than helpful and have been gracious enough to offer their advice. I really have learned a lot but have much more to learn. I am sorry if I have rekindled any old topics because of not using the search button. I am like the posterboy of this thread minus asking to email about a bait because I didnt have enough posts. I think I may have done that once about a month ago, then I explored and accumulated more posts. Thank you everyone for sharing your personal experiences and knowledge with me.

Tony

We all gotta start somewhere, can't wait to see the pigs you stick on your LDC :D

TLRmade is right! is it that hard to go to the Got Em threads and spread some love to fellow anglers? we all were brand new at some point to this forum and i know i never said email me becuase i cant pm i made some post, ask some question, and said niice fish etc..