Fortune Cookie...

colbypearson

It all started the other day when I was eating chinese food. I got a fortune cookie that read "If you can shape it in your mind, you will find it in your life." I thought wow, thats profound, it fits the trophy chase as well...

So I taped that ish to my rod :lol: . 27968f1e-d6c6-4319-a2b6-53dc17e79531_zpsc2ff837b.jpg?t=1367378126

6f6cd7bc-6335-445f-9a5b-2b871aa775c0_zpsb6372458.jpg?t=1367377504

Got to my spot and began casting my old Hiroshima Glide Bait the first one I ever got in 2011 and within 30 limits had this hand full :shock: , I ended up with a 22# 5 fish limit, of all smallies it was my most epic and memorable day on the water :D I also broke my PB with a 5.2lbr with two others almost as big. It was truly one for the books.

The conditions were perfect a huge storm right after a two week stable warming trend, big waves, big wind, and rain.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good Colby! Looks like fistfulls of 7lbers at that angle!

I'm going to drive up there and fish with you sometime after I get settled into the new job!! I have to go to Portland at the end of June and will be driving home on the weekend...

Very nice day on the water with the best sport fish there is!

Is there trout stocked there and how small do they stock them? If so do you think the smallmouth feed on them heavy?

I think so, these fish were so freakishly fat its not even funny the pic doesn't even do them moderate justice in the girth division :lol:

They stock fingerlings in the fall (little), juvenile chinook in the spring (5-8'') and legal sized rainbows, Seems like these brownies were gorging on the legals :o

Thanks everyone!

Wow! This is one of the coolest fishing pictures I've seen.

Thanks man, I had to edit the background before I posted on some social networking sites that people decide they really like looking at the background of my pics over the fish :)

It turned out kinda cool with the mountains blurred I agree!

Yea man, I figured I should post some fish after being called #butchnotsobrown & #bigbassdreamin. Didn't you invent the fortune cookie rod thing? props if so, it works LOL

The hashtags come out and ish gets serious :lol:

Check out this freak, it's no giant but I am pretty sure it is the girthiest ball of butter in the world :lol: I have never seen a 21'' 7.18lbr prior to this :shock: Granted it doesn't look huge since its reverse straight armed :lol:

4d6e73b7-c05a-45a5-95da-da56019783bf_zpsc41db5c6.jpg?t=1367386128

This fish was a cruiser I got to bite one of those little decoy things.