Smaller Swimbait Rod

Rdoerfler

Looking for suggestions or looking to buy. If wanting to buy, I would post this on the Black Market.

as far as a good 2-6oz bait rod... that’s kinda a tough/ big range. Most my stuff I throw that is 2-3.5oz is perfect for a certain rod but 6oz on that rod is not ideal at all. If you’re wanting to be under or rite at $200, you might look into buying 2 cheaper rods (Daiwa DX...). I’d also say the Fury line by Dobyns but I don’t feel they have a good 5-6oz rod. The 2 I will have most on the boat for my typical 2-3.5oz baits is my Dobyns 796 and for my 4-6.5oz baits is my Dobyns 867. Not a Dobyns fan boy but they just seem to be everything I want in a glide bait rod, without spending too, too much. I have different rods for soft jig hook and line thru’s. (IRod, Miller Rod)

6 minutes ago, Jdcampbell said:

Looking for suggestions or looking to buy. If wanting to buy, I would post this on the Black Market.

as far as a good 2-6oz bait rod... that’s kinda a tough/ big range. Most my stuff I throw that is 2-3.5oz is perfect for a certain rod but 6oz on that rod is not ideal at all. If you’re wanting to be under or rite at $200, you might look into buying 2 cheaper rods (Daiwa DX...). I’d also say the Fury line by Dobyns but I don’t feel they have a good 5-6oz rod. The 2 I will have most on the boat for my typical 2-3.5oz baits is my Dobyns 796 and for my 4-6.5oz baits is my Dobyns 867. Not a Dobyns fan boy but they just seem to be everything I want in a glide bait rod, without spending too, too much. I have different rods for soft jig hook and line thru’s. (IRod, Miller Rod)

I meant to say 2-4 oz. I know the Dobyns line of rods is really good but I already have a fury so I wanted to see some other options, but I’ll probably end up getting a 795 because of all the positive reviews it has.  

i have a st croix mojo bass 1-4 ounce swimbait/Arig rod i think it is perfect for 2-2 3/4 ounce baits i love throwing my JC 178 on it seems so stiff but you catch a fish and it loads up a bit not to much not to little i think its just right. it will throw 3 ounce baits jut fine nothing that is 4 oz on it. also it has perfect power for a soft bait.