Thanks for the info!!!!

bassgambler

I posted here a week ago about fishing the rising son top hook over grass, and got a lot of great info, but the one that I have tried and has worked wonderfully was the post from Jonthando23 about the 316 minnow. I had some of these in my tackle room so I pulled them out and put them in my tackle for a trip, first trip super bad conditions and only one good whack, but no connect. Well let me tell you saturday I put 21 fish in the boat, nothing big, not because of the bait, but the lake is full of 2 to 5 pounders. I used 2 colors also the trout and the sissy and it didn't seem to matter they just hit it and I mean hit it hard. The bait worked wonderfully right above the grass, and also right through the trees, never snagged or came back fouled. Wonderful bait and a great producer or at least for me. Thanks for the info Johnthando23, great post and info and really helped me put fish in the boat.

With the weight that is being thrown up on here, not throwing pics of 2 to 5's up. I would be to ashamed, but also caught 2 on Saturday on the floater 6" trout. I was looking for bigger fish but man I have to admit sometimes it is just fun putting fish in the boat. Tell you what I will head out tomorrow and will take some pics no matter what the size and will get them posted, I caught 2 in about 20 minutes with my 2 year old daughter this afternoon before she was ready to see her Mom. Oh and that is if I produce tomorrow which if I was a betting man I would say yes I don't think this bite is leaving for a while.

Sounds like a fun day man! Those minnows are fun to throw with weeds around, found out too late last year about em, or the fish at a specific lake would have been in trouble! Keep slayin em man, get some pics up!

Geoff