Closed My Eyes and Bit the Bullet

Morgan Y

Personally I feel the 908 the max you want throw is 17oz. Is there better rods to threw a pounder for  sure. But I feel like it's the best with enough tip you don't  bend out 1/0 owner 36 but it has enough back bone to set the hook on a 9/0 to a 12/beast hook as well as a enough backbone to set the hook and tip to land fish on a 4x 66st and a a 5'X bike raptor the rod had enough tip not not to bend out  owner owner 36 1/0 on a consistent basis. 

This production rod does the best of both worlds outside G Loomis rod series. I don't think there's a prouduction  rod  that does it better for baits that are 3ozs to a 16ozs for single hooks baits to 16oz  treble hooks baits that does both outside of g-loomis. I dare anyone with there custom rods to point a better brand under 300 bucks. I feel confident  on that matter because your can't have one rod that does it all. 

1 hour ago, bassfiend72 said:

what’s the lowest you guys go on this rod? I Was thinking about using it for 250’s, 10”Magdrafts, 9.0 Battleshads. I didn’t like how soft the tip was casting these baits on the 867. 908 overkill or what. 

This is what I got mine for.

24 minutes ago, basssavage24/7 said:

Also you can bend out 36st 1/0 with 25lb p line tactical to get your baits back, may not work a 100% of them time, but greater than 40% In my opinion.

Do you set the hook on st36's or do you lean into them? I'd imagine that swinging for the fences would bend them out although a hard swipe might not.

9 hours ago, Morgan Y said:

Do you set the hook on st36's or do you lean into them? I'd imagine that swinging for the fences would bend them out although a hard swipe might not.

I set the hook. But I have my drag set loose enough  to give line before the owner/36 bend out.   

To me its more important to set the hooks into whatever way the hooks are facing on the bait.     I hate having a jig hook bait and belly hook on the bait because I don't know if I should do a sweeping Hooksett or a jig hook set.

So I just have two hooks on the bottom or two hooks on the top of the bait.

1 hour ago, basssavage24/7 said:

To me its more important to set the hooks into whatever way the hooks are facing on the bait.     I hate having a jig hook bait and belly hook on the bait because I don't know if I should do a sweeping Hooksett or a jig hook set.

So I just have two hooks on the bottom or two hooks on the top of the bait.

I think setting the hook hard is always important, I’m just nervous about the strength of the hooks and if they would bend out on the 908, I’m only concerned about gamakatsu round bend trebles 

You should be fine I've only ever had two bass bend out the hook. But one was a freak that bent  out 3/0 st36 on a 14 inch super slammer I have that weighs about 10 plus ozs.    I don't think there's a better rod for gaint treble hook baits than the 908 that's under $300. 

I bank beat so I only bring one rod with me and the 908 can do about everything I  need rather its a 7.5 rago weedless paddle tail. Large alpha rat with st36 or the alpha sewer rat with 4x owner st66 or 9.5 alpha and 11inch alpha trout rigged weightless or weedless or I need to throw my 13inch hardtool and alphaking .  I haven't found a better rod under $300 that can do all that 

Tho gaint lunker punker style baits I would prefer a shorter rod but it'll do the trick for your slobsticks and megadawgs.  I would prefer a shorter lighter rod for those baits so I don't get fatigue as fast.