Hudd question

DTAY

So I’m fishing a local lake with a jig hook Hudd and the lake has a ton of grass in it. After every cast I’m bringing up a pound of grass, not just on the hook, but on the nose as well. Is there a way to stop this from happening (other than going to a different lake or not throwing a Hudd)? Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Stack3001 said:

Try not just running it right on the bottom. Reel a tad bit faster to keep it up. Then maybe throw a pause or 2 in while retrieve. Pop it off the bottom to shake grass off before reeling again. 

Thanks man!

1 hour ago, 119bowhunter said:

What ROF are you using? I like the ROF 5 if I’m trying to throw overtop of stuff, it runs pretty shallow even at slow speeds, as long as your grass isn’t topped out I’d think it would work

It’s a 68 and I think it’s a 12. I bought it from a guy last year on SU and he wasn’t exactly sure what it was either. After throwing it a few times today I realized it had a nail weight inserted on the bottom of it. I took it out and it still sank at a pretty decent speed. I think that’s my problem and I’ll need to find some ROF 5s lol

4 hours ago, DTAY said:

It’s a 68 and I think it’s a 12. I bought it from a guy last year on SU and he wasn’t exactly sure what it was either. After throwing it a few times today I realized it had a nail weight inserted on the bottom of it. I took it out and it still sank at a pretty decent speed. I think that’s my problem and I’ll need to find some ROF 5s lol

I prefer the ROF 5 Hudd 68 weedless for similar reasons. I find it doesn’t “dig in” as much. Especially around rip rap as well. 

Something to keep in mind, some Hudds have the ROF stamped / molded on the back of the tails. The last few 68’s I purchase had the 5 on the back for ROF 5. 

• 2 weeks later...