My First LDC....

JakefromClearLake

I got a XH LDC on my porch today and I felt like a 5 year old kid on christmas day. I had to take this thing out to the pond and fish it. Ten casts in I stick a Decent 4.5-5 Pounder Maybe cause of the Voodoo?! Not only did I rid the skunk but I popped the cherry of my new LDC. For the people who are wondering if it is just Hype.... Its not. This is THE most Bad @ss Stick I own now and I know it's the one I'll be throwin the majority of the time. It makes 806ML Look like a Fairy wand (No Offense I was a loyal dobyns buyer). The only Bad thing about this Bad @ss stick is now I want more! :lol: Once again Thanks Ben!

Jake

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya' Jake! I'll be joining you in this group really soon! Ben has been great to work with and very patient too. I don't have my rods yet but they'll be done this month. I sold almost all my other swimbait rods so I can't wait to get these LDC rods! :o

No voodoo for me though! A blessing of good times, great fellowship and lots of fun fish tugging on the ends of these rods will be fine by me! :D

I was the same way when I got my first LDC. I hardly fish any of my other rods now. It's just to fun to fish the LDC. About two weeks after I got my first LDC H I called Ben up and placed an order for the XH LDC. I can't wait till it is done!

I can't say enough with how impressed I am with the two LDC rods that I recently received. I ordered a Heavy and a XXH and they arrived last week. I love my Loomis 956 and 957 but they can't come close to the LDCs.

Ordering a rod without seeing or feeling it is not always the best idea. You need to trust in the builder. I didn't know Ben, but from my first email exchange with him, it was clear that he has a good head on his shoulders, knew what he was talking about, and was genuinely interested in making a rod to my exact specifications that I would be happy with.

When the rods arrived I was like a kid on Christmas morning. I tore open the tube and revealed the rods. Light as hell, quality workmanship, and exactly what I had hope they'd be. SICK!! I teamed the Heavy with a Curado 300 and the XXH with a 400TE. Both match perfectly. I would say, "It's almost like they were made for each other" but the truth is, they were; Ben asked what reels I would be puttting on each rod.

If you're ready to upgrade your sticks I can honestly say that in my opinion, there are none better than LDC. I've owned Okuma, Dobyns, and Loomis swimbait rods. They're all good but none are a LDC. Thanks again, Ben.

...now to put them to the true test. Crushing some fish!!!!

GO TELL YOUR MOMMA. :lol:

I have to pile on here. I also have an XXH and am patiently waiting for my XH. By far the best rod I've ever owned. Sometimes I go in my room just to look at her. It's funny to hear all these stories because when you talk to Ben you feel like he is only building your rod and that's it. He really finds out who you are and what you want so he can make something that is all you. Not to mention he backs all his work with an outstanding warranty. LDC for life :lol: