Net recommendations

Hooksets_arefree

9 hours ago, Hooksets_arefree said:

This looks like it might be the winner. I like the octagonal handle. You think the thick rubber netting or the rubber coated nylon would be the move?

Rubber is heavy for one hand use if you dish alone. The rubber coated is best.

I used to have a nice ranger net. Net finally wore out. Since then I’ve been rocking a 12$ frabill from Walmart for years now, extendable handle, big hoop, super light weight which is key and has handled fish up to 15-20 lbs for years no issue.

Good topic, floating is a must feature.....I can't figure out the sizes by the listed measurements and that explains why I have not put out big money on a net. My eco slider works well but the hoop is designed to cradle the fish with the fish's weight expanding the net. That's a cool feature (saves space and cradles fish) but it doesnt rest fish between pics well.  And I also have earlier model that doesnt allow a hoop switch... I also have a bps net I have clamped a swim noodle on it to  make it float......bubba blade guys look like they make a good net but I can't figure out the sizes of em and they are pricey. 

Edited by bigpoppabass