Not Losing Lures

FLsharkman

One of the ponds I fish is about 20 feet deep and filled with giant snook and bass. The only problem is that the pond is filled with giant boulders that devour anything that I throw in there. Is there any way that I could fish a 7-8 inch big hammer swimbait weedless and still get to the bottom? Preferably with something that comes out to less than $10 a bait.

28 minutes ago, FLsharkman said:

One of the ponds I fish is about 20 feet deep and filled with giant snook and bass. The only problem is that the pond is filled with giant boulders that devour anything that I throw in there. Is there any way that I could fish a 7-8 inch big hammer swimbait weedless and still get to the bottom? Preferably with something that comes out to less than $10 a bait.

Fish big weedless baits and glides that you are confident that you can control the depth with. Maybe start with a suspending glide. 

Beast coast creep 6.5”, tons of colors, use whatever beast 8/0 hook you want to get it down faster or slower. $10-15 for a two pack 

keitechs like mentioned above another option

megabass spark Shads come in multi pack For short $$ and the mag drafts come unrigged 

also look at TW (use the link on the page) and check out what they have for options for paddle tails, lots of options that won’t break the bank 

remember to get some scent/slime like SU bait slick or bait dynasty 

One of my favorite spots ever is super rocky with gigantic boulders mixed in...it sucks fishing there because of snags but it's also absolutely money because of the big rocks. Big rocks create structure and ambush points for fish. I started buying caffeine shads at Walmart and putting basic jighead's on them and using those a lot. I would try something like that. 

17 hours ago, FLsharkman said:

Check out Warbaits slayer heads. The are a west coast staple in the saltwater. They range anywhere from 1/4-2oz. They would match well with big hammer swimbaits you mentioned 

http://www.warbaits.com/store-SWIMBAIT-HEADS.html

On 1/11/2022 at 7:07 PM, Rdoerfler said:

Get a 44 Mag knocker. Best one out there, that will help with getting your baits out of those boulders. 

Bait knocker is pretty much useless from the bank.  Better off to go swimming for the lure if it's worth it.