Glide bait dub sack… 20+ lbs northern bag

253caster

Decided to make a video covering what was likely my best day on the water in 2021. I cut out some of the smaller catches for times sake to avoid a 10 minute video of me smashing on a bunch of rats. I’ll give a summary to explain what happened on this awesome day for anyone who cares to know some details.

Launched the boat shortly after sunrise and headed straight to a point where I had a handful of good follows the week before. Upon approach I noticed an eagle perched on one of the trees overlooking it. Good sign… I pulled up under that tree against the bank and started fishing the bait uphill.

I caught fish on my first 3 casts, and before hooking up I would see a boil or two on or near the bait before they would eat it. I realized quickly it was multiple fish competing for the bait and I was in for some fun… After the third fish I made another cast and got boiled on right away and had them follow to the boat but didn’t fully connect. Fired off another bomb cast out to the deep side of the point(around 3:00 mark) and a few cranks in the bait got pounced on and immediately after leaning in to it I knew it was a bigger fish… after a botched net job I got her in the boat and she went 6.5, nice…

Continued fishing on the point for another hour or so and noticed as the sun got higher it was pushing them deeper and less fish were coming up for it. Caught another handful of fish including one around 4lbs before the bite winded down. 

Once it started to get hot and the sun was high I began to look for deeper cover and was working deep shade lines but getting little results. Decided to bail on that part of the lake and headed to an area that had more of the deeper cover available. Pulled up to the area and my first cast was on a big piece of vertical cover. (Around 5:30 mark) My bait landed 10 feet or so from it, but within a few cranks the bait felt like it hung up on something and it caught me off guard as I knew the cover was still several feet away. Finally my brain started working and I leaned in to what felt like another good fish. She ended up going 6.3 and was my last bite of the day. 

Thanks for taking the time to watch. Very grateful to have people take time out of their day to watch my ugly mug and I really appreciate you guys that support me and my content with your likes, comments or other algorithm feeding actions… 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone who watched… I appreciate the kind words and engagement… B)

On 1/13/2022 at 8:13 PM, Glidepride said:

Great video! Not everyday you see someone smack'n em on the ol hardtail. Bait has an unparalleled glide! Made my day.

Thanks… That generation of his hard tail is my favorite bait… I’ve done more damage on that bait alone than any other. Don’t see many hit the BM these days, but I’m always looking for them and have others keeping an eye out for me as well… 

On 1/15/2022 at 2:08 PM, Mml420 said:

We gotta link up sometime lol you should come out and check out some lakes on the peninsula 

Dope video love seeing local guys put a smack down on some swimbaits especially with a hiro

Reach out and let’s make something happen… things are about to start ramping up…