Black Market Price tank!

Mbeam

Happened with 316 baits years ago.  They were so out of range for me. The instinct was to think the crash had to do with baits underperforming...  I was able to scoop up baby wakes from su black market and on one fall day had one of best bags on my home pond that I have ever had in my life anywhere. Turns about peeps weren't using the baits cuz the investment value was too high, one scratch devalued the nib status....Of course, the board here yawned suggesting 5 5lbers in a day on a topwater is no biggie. Gtfoh! 

Edited by bigpoppabass

Haha, Bruh did I have a Deja Vu moment reading this post. Anyone still fishing the OG Nezumma rat or Wood PB's from years ago? They used to go for over 200 shekels. My shoes are white Converse with Velcro straps. I Finna be cool at the old folk's home.  Ya the hype train just moves on to something else and the market adjusts. All good stuff above. 

I have enjoyed & appreciate everyone's post. It's made me realize I have witnessed this also,  just on a much smaller retail price point. When I 1st joined I could of bought several 9 inch HPH's for 200-225$ brand new ( I wish i had of, Lol). I have also got sucked into buying baits that were hyped up for the high/high. If I sold em now I would get 50 cents on the dollar. I'm lucky that these are baits I like & will just make an attempt to fish that hype price point out of them.  I agree with @bassbass there are no "magic baits". Whatever baits you have you've got to go out & grind. I realize we can't buy a big bite. Gotta go out & make em bite your bait regardless of the price. Personally I think we give the fish too much credit. At any point & time they will hit damn near anything conventional or swimbait if you keep it in the water. You can catch or buy a big bite sitting in front of your computer or on the couch. You gotta get out & earn that!

4 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

Happened with 316 baits years ago.  They were so out of range for me. The instinct was to think the crash had to do with baits underperforming...  I was able to scoop up baby wakes from su black market and on one fall day had one of best bags on my home pond that I have ever had in my life anywhere. Turns about peeps weren't using the baits cuz the investment value was too high, one scratch devalued the nib status....Of course, the board here yawned suggesting 5 5lbers in a day on a topwater is no biggie. Gtfoh! 

I remember that baby wake....

1 hour ago, Mbeam said:

I have enjoyed & appreciate everyone's post. It's made me realize I have witnessed this also,  just on a much smaller retail price point. When I 1st joined I could of bought several 9 inch HPH's for 200-225$ brand new ( I wish i had of, Lol). I have also got sucked into buying baits that were hyped up for the high/high. If I sold em now I would get 50 cents on the dollar. I'm lucky that these are baits I like & will just make an attempt to fish that hype price point out of them.  I agree with @bassbass there are no "magic baits". Whatever baits you have you've got to go out & grind. I realize we can't buy a big bite. Gotta go out & make em bite your bait regardless of the price. Personally I think we give the fish too much credit. At any point & time they will hit damn near anything conventional or swimbait if you keep it in the water. You can catch or buy a big bite sitting in front of your computer or on the couch. You gotta get out & earn that!

True.

Just an FYI in 9" HPH. There are very few  OG 9" baits and more then likely at that price you may have meant 8.5 or 8 inch baits. But either way like you said get out and fish what you have.

The 9" hph isn't even 9", more like 8.5" - 8.75". But if there's one bait I love but hardly ever fish it, it is my og 9" hph

It's weird, I can't seem to let it go even though I almost always reach for something else. And I've had several really good and crazy cash/trade offers for it by random people. 

It also happens to be the best swimming hph I've ever had, 6" and 8" included. 

Edited by SumoNinja

10 hours ago, bassbass said:

True.

Just an FYI in 9" HPH. There are very few  OG 9" baits and more then likely at that price you may have meant 8.5 or 8 inch baits. But either way like you said get out and fish what you have.

I think there are more 9" HPHs than you think. I believe there Is a handful of guys that have the majority of them

28 minutes ago, SouthenSwimbait said:

I think there are more 9" HPHs than you think. I believe there Is a handful of guys that have the majority of them

Ok there may be many baits, I have some of the OG 9's.

This is part of text from Randel....

The nine was around nine inches. It was thinner and the joint was a little different due to that.

Not many nine inch baits were made. They were all made in 2012 to early 2013.

11 minutes ago, bassbass said:

Ok there may be many baits, I have some of the OG 9's.

This is part of text from Randel....

The nine was around nine inches. It was thinner and the joint was a little different due to that.

Not many nine inch baits were made. They were all made in 2012 to early 2013.

I think Randall forgot just how many he made. Lol. I know guys with 10 or more all verified 9s. I've personally owned several myself. He did tell me something similar but ive dug up alot. Most wont sell 

4 minutes ago, SouthenSwimbait said:

I think Randall forgot just how many he made. Lol. I know guys with 10 or more all verified 9s. I've personally owned several myself. He did tell me something similar but ive dug up alot. Most wont sell 

Names and phone numbers please

lol