Don't fish on his Dock!!!

Hmoob

4 hours ago, Hmoob said:

Owner harasses Fisherman fishing near dock!!! 

Why can't we all just fish in peace the way fishing is supposed to be!!!

He can say all he want but by law he can’t do anything, as long as you don't step foot on his dock. He doesn’t own the water.

20 hours ago, azsouth said:

Each state has different laws, In Arizona we actually have harassment laws for outdoorsmen that can be charged as felonies. So know your Laws and local Game warden.

Its the same here in California....there should be no harassment, but unfortunately it happens...it's sad!!!! But always you should stand your ground if your not in the wrong!!!!! It'll piss them off even more haha

13 hours ago, Hmoob said:

Its the same here in California....there should be no harassment, but unfortunately it happens...it's sad!!!! But always you should stand your ground if your not in the wrong!!!!! It'll piss them off even more haha

To what end? Odds are reason WHY individuals act out against us is BECAUSE of being pissed off by others. Right or wrong this would only make matters worse. In principle what you state is justified. In practice it amounts to detriment of others. Just take the high road and move on. Let it go. 

9 hours ago, Good Year 71 said:

To what end? Odds are reason WHY individuals act out against us is BECAUSE of being pissed off by others. Right or wrong this would only make matters worse. In principle what you state is justified. In practice it amounts to detriment of others. Just take the high road and move on. Let it go. 

Sometimes you just have to stand your ground and for what you believe in......only way to stop a bully is to punch him back!!!! Might not be the wisest decision but it'll make the bully think twice....

I bet the marina will think twice now about harassing someone else. 

10 hours ago, Hmoob said:

Sometimes you just have to stand your ground and for what you believe in......only way to stop a bully is to punch him back!!!! Might not be the wisest decision but it'll make the bully think twice....

I bet the marina will think twice now about harassing someone else. 

Respectfully, I hear you, but I don't know man this isn't really about standing ground here. Technically, that's what both these guys were doing for their own reason, no doubt derived by what they both believed. And I'm not picking sides, though I feel the dock fellow was wrong IMO, but now look at things. Blown up on the internet, apparent death threats according to article (?!), this is the type thing that leads to no fishing zones and restricted access. There is no winner. I see both these guys at fault. Yeah, dude on dock could use some adjusting. But that dock can't move. Boater could have moved, explained reason to followers, set example of how to de-escalate situation. He had the entire rest of the lake to choose from, but instead opted to make an issue. Simply saying 'sir' does not change this obvious passive aggressive situation. What I see is as a classic failure in leadership on both sides. Just my opinion. Peace

I completely agree with the fisherman. 

At some point he wasn't even fishing to catch fish and I completely back him on that. 

Don't let anyone bully u into doing something you have every right to do when fishing.

I even hate it when people tell me to release a fish I intend to keep 

2 hours ago, Good Year 71 said:

Respectfully, I hear you, but I don't know man this isn't really about standing ground here. Technically, that's what both these guys were doing for their own reason, no doubt derived by what they both believed. And I'm not picking sides, though I feel the dock fellow was wrong IMO, but now look at things. Blown up on the internet, apparent death threats according to article (?!), this is the type thing that leads to no fishing zones and restricted access. There is no winner. I see both these guys at fault. Yeah, dude on dock could use some adjusting. But that dock can't move. Boater could have moved, explained reason to followers, set example of how to de-escalate situation. He had the entire rest of the lake to choose from, but instead opted to make an issue. Simply saying 'sir' does not change this obvious passive aggressive situation. What I see is as a classic failure in leadership on both sides. Just my opinion. Peace

When “keeping it real” goes wrong

Im pretty respectful when I fish docks, I don’t throw near expensive boats and if someone asks me to be careful I’ll usually respect their request and move on.  Last thing I want to do is damage someone’s personal property.  

When people are of the opinion that they own everything and start spouting BS about the law, I have no problem engaging in that debate or ruining their day after they attempt to ruin mine.  

If these guys have a contract from the army corps of engineers, granting them special privilege to operate a business on public water….trying to prevent public use is a REALLY bad look.  It’s blatantly obvious that dockboss ken wasn’t performing any work with that pontoon.  I think a case can even be made that he had no intention of doing work and driving his boat so close was an act of aggression toward the fisherman.