LDC Production H

missinfish

I jUST cant wait... getting so jittery just thinkin of it.. coming soon..( : thanks Ben i am going to have 3 of them soon, i am gng to fish the two i am getting and have a back up for the one i like most which will probly mean i will be buying two more... not sure one will be better then the other.. they are both going to be GRAND...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought about asking Ben, but others may have the same question so here goes...

On the custom LDCs, I see the LDC name on the rod.

Is it on the Production rod somewhere or is that one of the stealth features?

Great looking sticks, big fan of the simple look and REALLY big fan of the price.

Great looking sticks, big fan of the simple look and REALLY big fan of the price.

+1, tax money needs get here quicker!

There's no name on mine, but that could be just because it was the first one. I'm not sure about the rest. I like mine just the way it is, I know who made it. ;)

If the LDC Production Heavy casts Armageddons, what does the XH cast, Volkswagons? :shock::lol:

Small trucks I believe. :lol::lol:

Sweet! Can this rod handle the hudd68? Or is it to light? I've been looking for rods for

the range of baits listed and this review has helped a ton!

I haven't tried throwing a Hudd 68 on it but I'm sure it would work, may not be ideal though. But I'd be tempted to try that and a Baby Wake on it just to see, when the ice melts :(

+1, tax money needs get here quicker!

X2 on the tax money. Trying to make up my mind on some rods. Great thread. Vary helpful.

Ben brought to the Irvine tourney all of these rods. We all went down to the dock and got to cast and get a 1st hand look at these. Mickey brought a new bait too, SICK! I liked casting and the feel of these rods a lot. I need to get some of these too toget rid of the other brands im using haha. the price is a steel for these. I was casting hard with them and they felt great. No question in my mind these will handel fish just fine. Thanks Ben for letting us try these rods. Also Mickey for letting us check out the new bait. What a treat!

• 3 weeks later...

Just had question about making time? How long does it ususally take to put custom order in and get your rod at the door step.Just curious. i personally would never want to rush the maker in this case Ben but just wondering time example? Thanks and hopefully soon can get to try and see what everybody is talking about.From the sounds and especially the killer looks man they look like aforce to be rekoned with Amazing work and that is only from looking a pics i guarantee they look 100 times better in person :)

If the LDC Production Heavy casts Armageddons, what does the XH cast, Volkswagons? :shock::lol:

I have a custom H and an XH and this review is a little confusing to me. I would not dream of casting an Armageddon on the H, whereas the XH handles it perfectly. 8" hudds go well on the XH but casting accuracy suffers when I throw them on the H.

So is the taper / power / etc... significantly different on the production H vs the custom H?

Just had question about making time? How long does it ususally take to put custom order in and get your rod at the door step.Just curious. i personally would never want to rush the maker in this case Ben but just wondering time example? Thanks and hopefully soon can get to try and see what everybody is talking about.From the sounds and especially the killer looks man they look like aforce to be rekoned with Amazing work and that is only from looking a pics i guarantee they look 100 times better in person :)

You need too talk to Ben, really ;)

I have a custom H and an XH and this review is a little confusing to me. I would not dream of casting an Armageddon on the H, whereas the XH handles it perfectly. 8" hudds go well on the XH but casting accuracy suffers when I throw them on the H.

So is the taper / power / etc... significantly different on the production H vs the custom H?

Ben certainly can make the best recommendations for the baits you throw but yes the production heavy can cast an Armageddon just fine. The more moderate taper causes the rod to load more than the moderate fast taper of the custom blanks. The feel and characteristics of the custom and production are very different. The first time out with the rod I was throwing a Deps Slideswimmer 250 which is about 6.5 oz and while the rod was at the top of its range it handled the bait fine. An Armageddon is a little lighter I believe. The lure ratings Ben has list are 3-7 oz and I would say thats entirely accurate. Its about as close to an all around rod as your going to find. I'll be doing a more in depth review of the rod from my personal experience but hopefully this helps clear things up.

Good luck.

JK