TEST REVIEW #1 3:16 GLUE

buttaluns

Review of the 3:16 Lure Company soft bait glue.

Introduction: First off...use this stuff outside! Wow it smells, but probably not a problem when you’re out fishing in the fresh air. I would have if it wasn't 20 Degrees out! Let me also say I would have love to have tested this product on the water but it’s all iced up here in the North East.

post-525-14252985891641_thumb.jpg

Background: I received 3:16 Soft Bait Glue in the mail and it came with a Mission Fish to test it on. Man I really didn't want to cut into a brand new bait, but I figured this stuff probably worked pretty well and it would glue it back into a useable condition. So I got a razor blade and cut the tail off the mission fish then glued it back together. Let it dry for 10 minutes as the instructions stated. You should also hold the bait together for a minute or so before setting it to dry, so the glue has time to set. Then I painted the glue joint a little with some more glue on the outside of the seam all the way around the joint. Don't worry if you get a little on your hands because it’s actually not tacky. Not like the super glue I used to use for doing this! This stuff is not tacky and it also dries pliable, unlike super glue which dries hard and cracks.

post-525-14252985892185_thumb.jpg

post-525-14252985892598_thumb.jpg

Test 1: I cut the Mission Fish in two pieces. I glued the two section together with the 3:16 Soft Bait Glue. I let the bait dry for 10 minutes and then put it to a little pull test in my hands. To my surprise the bait holds up very well. I was surprised by the amount of force I could put on the bait without the glue joint failing. For both products the repaired bait held up well, and is in useable condition which I am happy about because when the ice melts around here, I'm going to get it wet and see how it holds up to fishing, and catching. Bottom line is the stuff works. I'd rate this product as a good deal, and I'd definitely add it to my cart of a soft bait order. From the in hand testing I did I'd bet you could literally double the life of any soft bait you have torn up on catching fish with a bottle of this stuff. On the water I can imagine this glue would quite literally save the day on a hot bite with a particular lure if it was getting torn up bad, you could definitely patch it back up with this stuff and keep on catching fish, were if you didn’t have the glue you’d have to trash the bait and try something else. In that sense its really cheap insurance to have a bottle of this stuff in your swimbait box.

post-525-14252985893047_thumb.jpg

Test 2: Well since I couldn't actually fish these repaired baits I decided to do a little science experiment. I had a pack of Mann's 12" worms in the bottom of my tackle bag and I decided to test the 3:16 Soft Bait Glue head to head against some Mend It on these worms. I cut the worms in two configurations. One to allow a glued butt joint, the other to allow a glued shear joint. I cut four baits per glue product to test. So for each glue I had two baits in a butt joint, and 2 in a shear joint arrangement. I glued the baits back together and allowed them to dry overnight. The next day I did a quick pull test on the baits to see if there was really and difference in performance between the Mend It and the 3:16 Soft Bait Glue. All of the baits took about the same force to break! I was really surprised how strong they actually were. Both the butt and shear joints took about the same force to break and I estimate that they were 90% of the strength of an undamaged bait. For nearly half the price of the Mend It, I was impressed that the 3:16 Soft Bait glue. Both products work very well, but the Mend It is quite a bit more money for what appears to be the same stuff. I really couldn’t tell the difference between the products otherwise.

post-525-14252985893291_thumb.jpg

Retail Price:

3:16 Soft Bait Glue, 1/2 oz, $4.99

Mend It, 1/2 oz, $7.99

Overall: You don't need a lot of this stuff. I couldn't even tell I had used any. I'd estimate that a 1/2 oz bottle should last you a season or more depending how much soft bait repair you need to do. Add some of this to a soft bait order and truly extend the life of any softbait you use, worms, swimbaits, etc.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first received news from Mickey that the test bait would be glue, I was stoked! I was like this guy gets it. By doing such a simple product like glue, not only would we thin out the greedy from the full hearted, it would be an easy product to start our tester project with. I thank those of you who did take this test to heart and put in an honest effort to give a review on a product that could be hard at times to find things to write about other than the obvious.

When I got my box from 3:16 in the mail I was eager to open it and start the review right away. The package came and the glue was wrapped in bubble wrap. This helps greatly with reducing the chance that a bottle might break and arrive to a customer’s location broken. The one negative I will say about packing with 3:16, is at times I feel bubble wrap could be used more. I have received hard baits that were in their normal plastic box with no wrap and you can sometimes see small nicks or rubbing of the paint. For the glue the bubble wrap makes the packaging impenetrable, I feel they could also benefit using the same bubble wrap on the hard baits to prevent movement in the box during shipping.

IMG_20120207_172920-1.jpg

Now, I have had 3:16 glue in the past so I am going to try and give this review like I have never seen it before. The next thing a person notices when taking the bubble wrap off is that the glue comes in what appears at first glance to be a nail polish bottle. The bottle is solid and the first thing I did was took the bottle out and dropped it on the floor, on purpose. I have hardwood floors, so it was not dropped on concrete but it was still dropped on a solid surface.

100MEDIA36IMAG0346.jpg

The results….. IT DIDN’T BREAK. You are probably thinking why would you take a bottle of glue you just received and the first thing you do is drop it on the floor? The answer, to prove that we all have mishaps and sometimes get clumsy. With this product, you are receiving a quality container that is holding your product. Do not get me wrong, I would not suggest doing it, but it should be an ease to your mind that if you get clumsy one time, you may be in luck that you did not lose your product due to cheap packaging. I also have some experience with hudd glue which comes in a small squeeze bottle. The great thing about the design of the nail polish bottle is it is an air tight design. My hudd glue would work and do its job but it would dry out. I would let it set a few weeks because I would be busy throwing my wake jr. and come back to fix a rising son. The glue would be chunky and flaking. The 3:16 glue so far has not had the same effect after weeks of setting. When I receive my bottles I write the date received so I have an idea of what bottle to use first, this way I can make sure I am using the oldest bottles first.

100MEDIA36IMAG0347.jpg

Next is the start of testing! Oppps!

100MEDIA36IMAG0348.jpg

What is left….

100MEDIA36IMAG0349.jpg

Application with the glue is fairly simple. The biggest thing you need to make sure of is your area is clean. You also have to have a big enough area to get a decent amount of glue on. Make sure dust or grunge from weeds or what not are not in the area as it may cause the glue to not seal properly. Sometimes if the hole and or break is small, it may be a good idea to just try and tear the hole a little more open to give the glue more area to cover causing a better bond. . Back to the nail polish design of the bottle. The applicator is a small brush, just like with nail polish, which allows you to make precise repairs. On glues like hudd and mend it, it’s a squeeze bottle. Like I said before with the hudd glue drying, I have had the glue at the tip dry. When I would be in a rush to apply the glue I would squeeze the bottle but the end would be sealed. The end result was a big glob of glue rushing out due to the pressure. You will not have to worry about this with the 3:16 glue.

Before apply the glue a big thing to remember is to use the glue in a well-ventilated area as the glue does contain MEK. This is clearly labeled on the bottle as a reminder.

100MEDIA36IMAG0344.jpg

Notice the area is clean before applying glue….

100MEDIA36IMAG0350.jpg

Once you have the area clean all that’s left to do is apply the glue with the applicator brush and hold the area together for a minute or so. Applying the glue….

100MEDIA36IMAG0351_2.jpg

Once that is done I often will run a stroke over the area as well to kind of act like a final seal for the tear.

100MEDIA36IMAG0353.jpg

After the final coat is applied hold the two pieces together. Again, if you are able to wait ten minutes or so, that is your best bet to allow the full bonding of your two pieces.

100MEDIA36IMAG0352.jpg

The next thing to talk about is the strength of the glue. I’m sure you will see in a lot of the reviews, guys cutting baits and regluing them together. Maybe even shortly after taking a picture of them, trying to pull the bait apart, I am guilty too! The good part is, you are able to do this and the two pieces will stay together!

100MEDIA36IMAG0355.jpg

Granted if you want to pull as hard as you can, they will break but that’s not the point. Along with being able to adhere two pieces of plastic together, with the 3:16 glue, you can do it on the fly. Most times I like to give the bait some time to dry before I start tossing it about. However, if you’re a tournament guy and need a quick fix, you can brush on the glue, wait a few minutes, and your bait is good as new.

In conclusion, like with any 3:16 product, your buying quality. This glue is meant to save those easily torn plastic baits and that’s exactly what it does. Throwing swimbaits is not a cheap sport, so it is nice to know there is a product that is able to prolong the life of your plastic baits. Next time your adding that rising son or mission fish to your cart I suggest you check out some 3:16 soft bait glue, for $4.99, you just bought an extended protection plan for your baits!

100MEDIA36IMAG0358-1.jpg

After reading about and being selected to participate in the first review of 3:16 lure products I have to say, I was pretty honored and excited. We were forwarded links to pay a minimal shipping charge to receive our packages. Of course, thoughts of new big bait prototypes danced through my head as I'm sure it did others. I was on the phone with Mickey a few days later and decided to pose the question, "So what's the review going to be?" Well my anticipation was thwarted somewhat when he said, "glue". I thought to myself, really? Glue? During my silent pause he adds, "Oh and there should be a mission fish in the package as well." I honestly thought, well perhaps its a hoax or maybe an early hazing period to weed out guys that were just hoping for free product never to be heard from again. After a week or so the package arrived and half hoping to find some top secret creation inside I found; well....a bottle of 3:16 glue and a Mission Fish. Was I underwhelmed? Kind of. Especially being a hard bait guy for the most part, I thought to myself...do I even have anything to test it on besides the Mission Fish that came in the package? I did have some Hudds around but they were pretty new. The package just set for several days.

About a week later I returned from another day fishing with dismal results from the City Park Lakes here in Orange County, Ca and I decided it was time for me to commit to the 8" Hudd if for no other reason than to really learn it while waiting out my ever growing slump of 300 plus hours. It certainly couldn't hurt matters. I pulled out my Hudds and decided it was time to focus up. I like to customize baits and I'm an incurable tinkerer and so a light went off. I actually did have a legitimate use for that little bottle of 3:16 glue. Before I progress too much further let me say this- I have no idea how it compares to products like Mend it. However, as I did begin to work with it and get familiar with its properties I observed some of the following things: The drying time was quick. Even when I applied a good amount it was dry to touch in less than 10 minutes easy. This tells me it would be suitable to make emergency repairs on the water. The actual bonding time was really much quicker when joining sections of plastic...almost immediate. I read the term chemical bond somewhere and that accurately describes what this glue does to two pieces of soft plastic. It's a breeze doing standard Hudd mods like flaring out the gills or the pectoral fins. These are 30 second operations with this glue. I also like to take my ROF 5's and make a slit just behind the hook hanger and cut out a good section of the lead to make an ROF 1 or 2 Hudd that can be super slow rolled high in the water column much like a rising son. Resealing the bait was quick and appeared pretty seamless. As recommended, the strongest connection is made by placing the glue at the joined sections and then back over the exposed seam which will add another layer of strength. So can it be used to bond anything to soft plastic? No. I do silly things like add oversize 15mm round eyes to my Hudds for an exaggerated look and just for fun. I attempted this operation with the 3:16 glue and no dice. It was immediately clear to me its designed for one thing-to bond soft plastic to soft plastic. I used superglue to add the eyes and it works but its messy and the drying time was a lot longer. The 3:16 glue allows you to make repairs and if your a tinkerer...allows you to custom make any types of bonds you want. You guys that want a Hudd tail on a bluegill? Hudd 68? No problem, made one in about 2 or 3 minutes. I was actually excited to see that I could quickly repair and customize softbaits using the glue.

On my next trip out I finally got bit on one of the customized Hudds. Alas, my long skunk streak was broken with a solid 4.5 lb fish! No giant but I was so excited to have broken through the bad "joo joo". It was dark and the park was closing so I released the fish and headed back to my car. As I loaded the rod in my car, I noticed something odd-the tail of my Hudd was gone!?!?!? I was kind of bummed knowing that the bait had at least a little of the "mojo" factor being that it was responsible for breaking my skunk streak. One other little mod I do on my Hudds is cut a tiny slit or two along the thin section before the vortex tail just to loosen up the wag a little. Does it do much? I don't know...its just something I like to do. What I can tell you is it makes the tail susceptible to tearing off. No worries, I had more Hudds and a renewed enthusiasm.

The following day as I was preparing to leave for the lake, I noticed my tail-less Hudd laying on my workbench. I was headed to the dumpster with some trash and grabbed the Hudd and almost dropped it in the trash can when I hesitated and thought maybe I could use it for spare fins or to do further mods. I put it back on the work bench. As I arrived to the lake I ran into a regular and SBU member and we chatted about the fish I had caught the night before. After a few minutes he turned abruptly and said, "Did you happen to lose a tail?" I was half shocked but quickly replied, "I sure did, where in the world did you find it?" He just tossed it to me and laughed. I threw it in my backpack and went on to fish. A few hours of fishing the same spots and retrieves with a replacement Hudd and no bites. Upon arriving home I quicky lined up the tail to the Hudd on my workbench and it was a nice clean break. I was pretty confident I could resurrect it with that 3:16 glue. Later that night I had my "mojo" Hudd back together and ready to hit the water again. Would it hold up and did that bait really have mojo? These questions would be answered sooner than later.

Next trip out with the resurrected "mojo" Hudd and without too much surprise I connected with another 4lb fish! I fished hard for another hour into the darkness feeling rejuvenated when my rod slammed hard and my drag started ripping. The fish came up and thrashed and I could tell it was big when it dove and started ripping drag again. I reached down to tighten the drag to gain control of the fish when suddenly it came unbuttoned! I was really inspired and bummed all at the same time! I was upset that I made a rookie mistake in giving that fish even a millisecond of slack and yet inspired that the resurrected bait had some good "mojo" happening. I loaded my rod in the car and checked my Hudd. Everything was fine and perfectly intact.. The glue was doing its job. Even though I lost that fish my confidence was back and I was looking forward to some redemption.

Once again as I was arriving to the lake the next night I ran into the same SBU member that gave me the tail and I told him about the prior nights fish and we laughed when I told him it was the same resurrected (glued) bait that was responsible for getting bit'. As I fished the next hour and a half I was in that zone where you know your ready. The conditions feel right, the bait is performing right and your senses feel sharp. Well that sounds poetic but it's fish we're after right? Well, I was back in the area I lost the giant the night before when I see the ranger coming up the road to close the park. I cast my Hudd out almost out of pure frustration knowing it might be my last cast of the night when after a few cranks using a slow fluid retrieve I felt my rod thump hard and I knew it was on. I swept into the fish and could feel it was a good one. After a short tugging match I had my hand in the fishes mouth and onto the shoreline. It was a good one for sure. Was it the one I lost the night before? I don't know but it was real thick and definitely had a few trout in her belly-the biggest fish I've landed at this particular lake. Quick weight and a few photos snapped as the rangers prompting me to leave. I didn't argue or care I was just happy to have my redemption and my "mojo" Hudd still perfectly intact.

It struck me nearly at once as I was driving to another spot and sending out a few photos; that the little bottle of 3:16 glue I was so uninspired by initially-actually played a direct role in the excitement I was feeling in catching my first DD for 2012! Do I like the glue now? You be the judge.

J. Fish

post-283-14252985894031_thumb.jpg

post-283-14252985894271_thumb.jpg

post-283-14252985894514_thumb.jpg

post-283-14252985894727_thumb.jpg

FLASWIMBAITER

Description: The product under review is the 3:16 Soft Bait Glue. The product comes in a ½ oz. container, which includes and cap with a brush applicator.

Photo1.jpg

Photo2.jpg

Application and Effectiveness: I have used similar glues for years, but have not had an opportunity to try or test this particular product. It appears to be similar in nature and have the same purpose. For anyone that has not used this product, please don’t confuse it with super or crazy glue. I am not sure if this product glues or bonds the baits, but it does not crystalize or harden, the bait continues to be soft and pliable.

I felt the best way to review the product was to take a variety of baits and cut them into sections and also use damaged baits to test the product’s effectiveness. I experiment included salted and non-salted baits.

Photo3.jpg

To apply the bait you just simply need to place the glue on the damaged areas and press them together gently until the glue dries enough to hold the two surfaces together. I found that how long you hold it together or let it cure can determine how well the damaged or spliced areas bond.

When working with a splice I found the best results are when you place glue on both surfaces and hold them together for about 30-60 seconds, then let the item sit for about 20 minutes, go back and gently pull on the splice to see any areas that might not have bonded and apply a little more glue to the separations and let it sit overnight. While experimenting I even took the opportunity to splice a salted bait onto a non-salted bait with great results (due to a gar I really had no choice). The lure has been used under different situations with no tearing at the splice.

Photo4.jpg

Photo5.jpg

Possibly due to the rough surface area, I found that salted baits were much easier to bond and held much better.

Damaged areas such are rips and tears can be treated in two different ways depending on if there is missing material. A simple tear can be glued, held together for about 10-15 seconds, allowed to cure for about 5-10 minutes, and it is ready to be used. If there is missing material the pressing together of the two surfaces and curing time would need to increase depending on the amount missing. I prefer to collect all of my damaged baits and glue them every couple of weeks, then allow them to cure overnight, which I believe achieves the best results.

The final results were as I thought they would be, the product was very effective in repairing damaged baits and splicing cut baits of similar and different materials. For the following video I purposely only applied the glue once to demonstrate the product’s strength and effectiveness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68gAqLgrxB4

Positives and Negatives: I am not sure why any fisherman, (swimbaiter or not) would not use this product. Not only does it assist you in saving money, but it could also help you catch more fish. For example, as you all know as fisherman, fish can become very focused on specific colors and lures. If the lure you are using is working but has been damaged beyond use, it can be repaired and put back into service within 10 minutes. Of course, this all depends on how damaged the lure is.

The only negative I could find, which I am sure in out of the control of 3:16 lures, is the applicator. Although it is very effective for large surface damage and splices, it is not every effective for deep rips or tears. However, I have found a simple solution. Take a pair of pliers and remove almost all of the material from the end of a Q-tip, leaving just enough to absorb a small amount of the glue.

Photo6.jpg

Due to the Q-tip not being rigid, it allows you to glue the lure from the inside out, which results in a better bond. This also gives you the ability to penetrate small holes such as the nose of baits that has been damaged by a hook or hookkeeper.

Photo7.jpg

Price: I did some research on-line found that similar products of the same quantity ranging from $1.00 up to $3.00 more in cost. 1/2oz does not appear to be very much, but it will allow you to repair multiple baits. Just repairing one Hudd or Mission Fish would be an instant return on your investment.

Conclusion: This product does exactly what it is supposed to do, glue soft plastics baits, which it does very well. If you weigh the positives and negatives (or lack thereof), I am not sure why anyone would not want, or should I say need, to use this product.

Dave (flaswimbaiter)

Holy smokes, you guys are puttin' them guys at tt to shame with these things...hahahha...I didn't even show up for the event must have left the lid off too long! :lol: I'm super impressed with how much content came out of a bottle of glue, lots of effort put forth here.

You guys are the real deal!

JK

Product under review: 3:16 soft bait glue

Front of Bottle

post-73-14252985894944_thumb.jpg

Bottle Booty

post-73-14252985895271_thumb.jpg

Construction: Well, i don't have enough time in my days to break down the full chemical formula of the glue. It contains MKE (methyl ethyl ketone) which Reel report covered quite extensively, so i won't get deep into that. It melts the "bonding" zone, so take care in how much you apply.

Size: 1/2 oz bottle

Colors: Clear, like most glues, will blend in with what you are gluing together.

Applications: This glue works really well on all types of soft plastics. It has saved me many many baits in the past year. I have found that the less you use, the better the results will be. Adding a lot of "glue" will melt the desired fix even more so and damage potential reconstruction. A little truly does go a long way here.

My favorite 8" rising son was getting too torn to hold the hook on a long cast, it would hit the water hard and come back with a treble swingin' free.

I tore the hole open a bit more.

post-73-14252985895665_thumb.jpg

applied a small amount of glue to the inside of the tear, and held the bait together for about 10-15 seconds to get the glue to bond.

post-73-14252985896076_thumb.jpg

post-73-14252985896454_thumb.jpg

post-73-14252985896963_thumb.jpg

Let it dry overnight before heading out. The hook held perfect, even on a long cast, and let the bait do its thing without the hook hanging free. Because the glue works so well, it held the hook position and ended up letting me connect with this fish.

post-73-14252985897337_thumb.jpg

Has also saved me many Hudds, mission fish, minnows, and a new osprey i split open the first day. This stuff is priceless, a necessary investment to any fisherman, not only swimbaiters. I keep one in the boat, one in the fishing backpack, and another at home. So i have glue wherever, whenever i need it.

Take caution when using this product. Try not in inhale the fumes too much, and keep from getting it on your skin. If you get it one your skin, a good wash with soap and water will generally take it all off.

Hope this helps anyone out who reads this! And big thanks to Micah and Rina/Mickey for letting us test stuff out!

Geoff

-INSTRUCTIONS: Test the glue.

========================

When I received the glue; it arrived in a handy, fingernail polish style glass bottle, with a tightly sealing lid and small brush. An excellent size that stands up in a Plano 3700, and still allows the lid to close. The plastic glue itself has a light chemical smell; similar to fingernail polish. Nothing overpowering. The glass bottle should ensure long life of the product vs. other brands that used plastic bottles. The plastic bottles in my experience, caused any plastic mending type of product; to gel up over time. One nice property of the soft plastic glue; is it’s not actually a glue, in the traditional sense. It does not stick to the skin, and only appears to start a chemical reaction between the damaged plastic.

-

THE PLAN:

=========

My thought process for this review was to try and establish some consistency or baseline of the strength of the soft plastic to be repaired; then damage 3 baits in the same area and measure the strength of the damaged area: post repair.

-

Using the resources available, my test is a worst case scenario with a damaged piece of the bait, actually torn away; but I thought it would be the most consistent way to test the strength of the glue. I felt tears around a hook eye or hook tip would be too inconsistent, and difficult to test.

-

-THE TOOLS:

===========

3 baits were used for the test; a 5" mission fish, little booger and a soft minnow. The little booger and soft minnow plastic feels a bit softer; vs. the mission fish; which was the reason for my selection. But, I could be wrong. :o

-

Using the 3:16 soft bait glue was simply a matter of brushing on the glue to the effected area; then keeping the pieces together for approximately 10 minutes to dry. If the pieces were matched up closely, this will result in a virtually seamless, cosmetic repair. Unlike other actual ‘adhesives’ this soft bait glue actually stays soft and flexible when dried; just like the soft plastic itself. (I did not take a video of swimming each bait before and after; as they swam flawlessly after the repair.)

-

I used a Berkley digital scale that measures in pounds and ounces; and would slowly apply pressure until the bait failed. The key was to slowly pull at a rate that allowed the scale to keep up with the pressure, for a relatively accurate measurement. And taking short videos of each run. For the sake of keeping the videos brief, I just used my hand to grip the tail and slowly pull, vs. hanging any sort of container to slowly apply weights to the tail.

-

I had to figure out a consistent way to hang the bait from the scale hook, preventing tears/stretching of the bait itself; which could lead to inaccurate results. So I took a paper clip, bent it in the shape of a 'U', with the tops of the 'U', also rolled under. Then I took some electrical tape and tightly wrapped the paper clip, to the top of the bait.

-

-THE TEST:

===========

The video clips are just of each of the 3 baits; brand new, pulling off the tail, (which was the thinnest/weakest part of the bait) then the same 3 baits after they have been repaired, and the amount of weight needed to cause another failure. Anticipating that failure at the repair.

-

As a side note; all repairs were made following the instructions of applying one coat at the damaged area, then a 2nd coat to the outside. As opposed to letting the repair dry 10 minutes (per the bottle), I let the bait dry 15 minutes, in a climate controlled environment of 68 degrees Fahrenheit with 48 percent humidity, and at 410 feet above sea level; where the testing was conducted.

-

As I suspected, just above the paddle tail, being the thinnest part of the bait; was the consistent fail point. Although each of the baits tails, appeared to be of varying thickness they still failed at a similar point above the paddle. But, keep in mind, this thin area is a necessity of design; for the tail to move/swim properly with little effort.

-

My assumptions were that I would find a percentage of how weak the repaired area of the bait was, compared to the brand new bait.

-

Much to my surprise.........that was not always the case.:-)

-

-THE RESULTS:

==============

-

The videos will be listed in order of filming:

-

-1 of 6 (incorrectly labeled 1 of 4 on the scale in the video) -- 5" mission fish (new)failed with approximately -- 3 pounds, 4 ounces of weight

-

3:16 Mission Fish strength test(new)-1 of 6

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfgJvjdOobw

-

2 of 6 – Soft Minnow (new)– failed with approximately 3 pounds, 15 ounces of weight

-

3:16 Soft Minnow strength test(new)--2 of 6

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV2RQ4SLZCw

-

3 of 6 – Little Booger (new)– failed with approximately 2 pounds, 3 ounces of weight

-

3:16 Little Booger strength test(new)--3 of 6

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w3JOq-en20

-

4 of 6 – 5†Mission Fish (Repaired) – failed with approximately 2 pounds of weight (failed approximately an 1/8†an inch BELOW the repair) – 61% of original strength

-

3:16 Mission Fish(Repaired)-4 of 6

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku7cmRd44d8

-

5 of 6 – Soft Minnow (Repaired) – failed with approximately 1 pound, 12 ounces of weight (also failed approximately 1/8†BELOW the repair) – 44% of original strength

-

3:16 Soft Minnow(repaired)-5 of 6

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzWD-EL-L5w

-

6 of 6 –Little Booger (Repaired) – failed with approximately 2 pounds even of weight

(failed at the repair) – 85% of original strength

-

3:16 Little Booger(repaired)-6 of 6

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOxJHOLNVV8

-

-3:16 Mission Fish (bonus) – brief video, after I noticed the first repaired tail, did not fail at the repair

-

3:16 Mission Fish(bonus)

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piAgbd4m-oE

-

-A second, 3:16 Mission Fish (new), testing original strength of brand new bait

-

3:16 Mission Fish Baseline (Bonus 2)

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdyOZJ6cGyQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

-

(PIX)

Little Booger, post repair (on left)

ry%3D400

-

Mission fish, after repair

ry%3D400

-

Soft Minnow, post repair

ry%3D400

-

CONCLUSION

============

-

The above percentages do very greatly; and I realize numerous tests on more baits; with more accurate equipment would give better results. But, I think the observations made speak volumes of the product.

-

2 of the 3 baits that were repaired, and re-tested, actually failed at a different, undamaged spot on the bait. Emphasizing the strength of the repair. And, the 3rd bait that failed at the repair; was 85% as strong as the bait was; when new.

-

Admittedly, I fully expected each bait to fail where they were repaired; and at a lesser weight than when they were new. What came as a surprise was that the repairs held strong for 2 of the 3 baits; and of the 2, the failure was at a visibly undamaged area of the bait. I attribute these 2 bait failures, post repair, to be due to unforeseen stress of the bait at the initial stressing/weight applied to the tail; which weakened the plastic.

-

Again, I do feel this test is a worst case scenario, to have a complete part of the bait torn away. Sadly, I’ve used the glue more frequently for hook eye holes and hook tip holes in the plastic, tearing or widening. Which the glue does a phenomenal job of repairing. And in this test; even with a main part of the bait being torn away; the glue excels wonderfully in repairing the bait back to useable condition. Maybe not perfect cosmetic condition, but close enough; and structurally it does an excellent job at getting the bait back together, and ready for action.

-

Only a drop or 2 of glue is needed for the type of structural repairs, exhibited in the above tests; and one bottle is sufficient for a countless number of repairs. Comparing the price of $4.99 a bottle for the soft plastic glue, to the number of baits that can be saved; every bottle is a steal at the price!

Posted up guys. As you can see, WAY more hype behind it than what it delivers. Mythbusters, or Steven Spielberg I am NOT! :lol:

-

Sorry for the multiple youtube links, I'm not that familiar with youtube and was unsure how to post a link to my 'channel'. (as it is apprently called. :lol: )