California... knows how to party

Ltrain

just a short intro so that y'all don't start thinking i'm a troll - ltrain has been a good buddy of mine for about a quarter century now. we've fished dvl together twice now, including this last trip of his out to the golden coast. i've been out of the game for a while now after getting skunked time after time out at castaic.

just a few days ago, ltrain hooked me up with a nice baitcaster rod/reel set, and i've thrown it every day since! according to ltrain, i caught my first "swimbait" fish a few days ago - on a rainbow trout trash fish. it'll be a while before i have gear to throw some more serious (money) swimbaits, but it might happen. oh, and i met ben too, who i'm sure will help make that swimbait slope a bit more slippery. but for now, i'll live vicariously through some of you fine folks.

here's a pic of my second (better) fish of the year, which came a few casts after i landed my first, both caught on the trash fish. sorry for the poor perspective of the pic...that's prob a 12lber there, if you include the 9.5lbs from my arm.

photo1qnm.jpg

I know that bridge :o two in a day on the swimbait is pretty good for that spot. nice!

I know that bridge :o two in a day on the swimbait is pretty good for that spot. nice!

there was more in there to be had! my one and only trash fish got snagged after i caught the second of two, so i rigged up a keitech paddle tail and had at least a third bite that got off when i was reeling it in. that was all within a 30min window. ltrain told me the dropping barometric pressure and somewhat overcast skies would make for a good bite. he was right. btw, ltrain's fish was taken in the same spot turned around 180*,but a couple of days earlier.