First 6" Freestyle Fish on Camera.

BASS

That was one of the coolest takes ive had! We were casting across a shallow point and just as i machine-gunned it, I saw the fish come full speed from about 20 feet away and t-bone the perch trout :lol: Can you say drawing power?? this thing might be one of my new favorites :)

Thanks guys

Cool deal, way to get some footage. I thought maybe the fish would hit on the bait floating out there while you had the backlash to deal with. That happened to me once at DV fishing stripers earlier this year....I cast out had a nasty backlash where the line literally knotted itself on the spool and a good sized striper comes up and grabs my bait (unintentional deadsticking technique gets em' every time!) and I about crapped my pants watching the slack pull tight as I fumble with the knot...in about 2 seconds flat I was standing there with a snapped line at the spool looking like a fool....vids are way better than story telling though.

Are you saying the Go Pro can't get a wide enough angle for that kind of shot? If so, I may have to keep researching options.

JK

Cool deal, way to get some footage. I thought maybe the fish would hit on the bait floating out there while you had the backlash to deal with. That happened to me once at DV fishing stripers earlier this year....I cast out had a nasty backlash where the line literally knotted itself on the spool and a good sized striper comes up and grabs my bait (unintentional deadsticking technique gets em' every time!) and I about crapped my pants watching the slack pull tight as I fumble with the knot...in about 2 seconds flat I was standing there with a snapped line at the spool looking like a fool....vids are way better than story telling though.

Are you saying the Go Pro can't get a wide enough angle for that kind of shot? If so, I may have to keep researching options.

JK

It could... It just looked a little fish eyeish. IMO it looked better with the cannon. I am sure the gopro could have worked. I'll give it more of a chance next week