What’s with the demand for Varial handles ?

Steven C

I’m just wondering what all the hype is on the varial handles? I have never seen one in person, but they look cool in the pictures. I have a few of the older grey lexa 300’s, Calcutta 400b’s, Luna 300’s, and a new tatula 300 that treat me fine. I’m probably going to grab a conquest 300 and 400 in the near future just to see how I like them. I can’t help but notice that everyone is switching the handles on the conquest immediately. Are the stock handles too short or is something not right with them?  I do like the 110 mm handle on the tatula, but switching back and forth between my lexa’s doesn’t bother me. I don’t know how long the lexa handles even are. I’m not knocking them at all and the price doesn’t really scare me, I just would like to know if there is a particular reason for switching? Thanks 

Most like the ability to move into an oversized handle for leverage or difference in knob availability. Gives you a bit of customization. Really just boils down to preference I'd say.

I've used Varials, Hawgtech and Gomexus. End of the day my go to is stock Shimano handle on Tranx 300s with Gomexus knobs for an oversized and better grip. 

30 minutes ago, MEGAMAG119 said:

Take a picture of it with some good lighting. Add a cheesy comment like “Ready for Battle!”…. And then standby for countless fire emojis in your IG comments. 

That’s funny, and all my reels have varials……..I don’t take pics of them though 

1 hour ago, Steven C said:

I’m just wondering what all the hype is on the varial handles? I have never seen one in person, but they look cool in the pictures. I have a few of the older grey lexa 300’s, Calcutta 400b’s, Luna 300’s, and a new tatula 300 that treat me fine. I’m probably going to grab a conquest 300 and 400 in the near future just to see how I like them. I can’t help but notice that everyone is switching the handles on the conquest immediately. Are the stock handles too short or is something not right with them?  I do like the 110 mm handle on the tatula, but switching back and forth between my lexa’s doesn’t bother me. I don’t know how long the lexa handles even are. I’m not knocking them at all and the price doesn’t really scare me, I just would like to know if there is a particular reason for switching? Thanks 

I like the larger knobs, oversized handle / increased leverage. Is it needed……no. Is it worth it…….depends on what you are in to. I like the feel, YOLO 

It all about the size. The smaller real handles speed up the Gear Ratio of your reel and the bigger the handle gets the slower the gear ratio. Best way I can explain it, but in my opinion it’s just a status symbol. They are ridiculously over priced. Your paying as much as you pay for some reels. I don’t think they are worth it IMO and I am a DRT Stan! Lol

Edited by iFishLA

Liver is the brand  that makes The handles for Drt . Just like anything Drt has done they market there products Very well and they don’t lack variety. I feel like they definitely put quality in there products  . Ya they have some errors in there products here or there but who doesn’t in a large scale manufacturer. All I am saying is there handles are definitely worth it if your in it for the long haul and if you enjoy costuming your gear give them a shot . If you don’t like there  products this is definitely the platform to resell them.  Ps . Hope to see y’all slay some bass this spring/ catch new pbs!!!