Mattlures strong Shad is a disappointment.

Born 2 fish

So I received my strong Shad I purchased from Mattlures today it’s the 6” version. It has no rotating hook hanger and the hooks that came on it are dull as can be. I read some posts saying the paint is amazing but it’s not much better then a bullshads. For the money it’s a disappointment for sure. I was expecting to be blown away but it looks like I just blew some money. 
Any recommendations for new hooks?16DEA3FE-AB98-4489-8472-49763B1F02C4.thumb.jpeg.a811c3ec3c5aedd7245d9bbf74d1724e.jpeg

Edited by Born 2 fish

• Born 2 fish changed the title to Mattlures strong Shad is a disappointment.

Ok so it does have a front rotating hook hanger. I just had to remove a bunch of resin see photo  So that’s a plus so it’s not as bad as my first impression but still not great.

AD307BD2-BCFF-4142-81D9-36762D66784D.jpeg

Edited by Born 2 fish
Adding photo

6 minutes ago, BayAreaAngler said:

Kinda harsh.. can’t be that bad(not saying it is) kinda not fair it could hurt his business. Why not just send him a pm and discuss it with him. 

Yea I hear what you are saying. I might have jumped the gun with my post but it’s posted. And it’s really not that harsh If anything maybe someone else that gets one will read this and know they might have to remove some resin for the hook hanger to operate properly. What’s not fair telling people it has dull hooks and a hook hanger buried in resin. 

Edited by Born 2 fish

Paint not much better than bullshad??? Mattlures and bullshad aren't even in the same league as far as I've seen. Mattlures puts out some of, if not, the best finishes at the sub $100 price point. Not sure how you could ever be disappointed with that type of finish on an $80 bait.

I'm assuming this is your first mattlures hard bait. They all look like that. His baits aren't smooth looking or look machine-finished. 

And about the hooks, if he put hooks on straight from the manufacturer box, it's not his fault if something's wrong with them. 

I got mine too this weekend and I think they're beautiful. It's subjective I guess....

Got my strong shad a couple days ago  and it’s beautiful mattlures as always. To go with my magnum gill, hardgill, baby gill and mini meathead.  Hooks sharp as hk.  Realism amazing.  

Resin happens.  Much much more expensive and way more hyped baits have the same issue.  I know from experience and have discussed in person with makers of said baits.  Just spin it loose.