New idea?

Ring King

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to put a damper on this subject, but if you are to do a pass-the-bait around thing here, shouldn't there be requirements each participant.

Say if we were to start this program, the bait is the ever awesome Roman Made Mother. I think it would be bad idea to let Joe-Blow SU member over here throw it with 15lb line and a Bass Pro Shops Extreme Combo *shiver* sorry I hate to bring those words into the forum (Dark Times... Dark times...) But seriously are we going to just let anyone throw these baits?

Going back to the Mother, I personally don't own one, but I have thrown one around, and I can tell you it is nearly impossible to throw that sucker on anything but a LDC XXH...

So should that be one of the requirements for this program we are trying to set up?

Maybe we can have each person should submit a pic of the gear they have and by doing this we can know that they can legitimately throw these pricey baits.

Because if we are going to do this, there has to be some sort of requirement to show legitimacy. So that way we can fish these baits, and know no one isn't going to sling one off or even jack it and sell it.

I agree. The Mother is just too big of bait for 90% of the people on here. Minimum one year? and a certain amount of posts? to qualify? How does the decoy get traded? And who gets picked?

An old garage wooden bait would be a good one...or have 3 or 4 baits and have a running total in pounds against each other. Winning bait gets hung in the swimbait hall of fame.

I agree. The Mother is just too big of bait for 90% of the people on here. Minimum one year? and a certain amount of posts? to qualify? How does the decoy get traded? And who gets picked?

An old garage wooden bait would be a good one...or have 3 or 4 baits and have a running total in pounds against each other. Winning bait gets hung in the swimbait hall of fame.

Something like this. Maybe we need to start a list. If we get a good list of qualifications together and then start a list of guys, once we get say 20 we could just put them all in a hat and draw out the names to see what order the bait(s) go out. If guys approve I would be will to get this going, but don't want to step on any ones toes if they are planning on getting it going. I think once the bait makes its rounds it gets sent back to its rightful owner with all the new mojo.

Feel free to step on my toes! I'm a newbie with only about 3.5 months of big baits under my belt. I've amassed a decent collection of gear and baits already but I'm not going to qualify by number of posts or by time as a member. Someone else will have to run this until I "mature" enough to gain acceptance! LOL

Something like this. Maybe we need to start a list. If we get a good list of qualifications together and then start a list of guys, once we get say 20 we could just put them all in a hat and draw out the names to see what order the bait(s) go out. If guys approve I would be will to get this going, but don't want to step on any ones toes if they are planning on getting it going. I think once the bait makes its rounds it gets sent back to its rightful owner with all the new mojo.

We like this idea and support it.

jcanaday495 - If you would like to manage it you can. SU has baits to donate. We can also manage it. Just let us know.

Thanks

SU Crew

Well my account is fairly new, but I have been apart of this forum since Janurary 2011, I took a break from the forums for a year and I am trying to get my old name back.

I don't know guys, this is going to be tough to determine who deserves a bait & who doesn't. Because in everyone's mind, they want the same opportunity to fish the same bait as everyone else. I am playing devils advocate here I know. :!::mrgreen: