Got Scammed - Heads up to Forum

captainhookset

It’s gotten easier for scammers because the SU community has moved away from the G&S payment.  Sellers believe they can evade the tax man by calling it FnF.  I assure you if the IRS wants to audit you, it doesn’t matter what you labeled the transaction in PayPal.  And unfortunately now, the gov considers these sales a taxable transaction if $600 or more is completed in a year.

The result of the move to FnF only creates less secure transactions and a much smaller market to buy and sell from.  It doesn’t actually save anyone from the tax man. The law is what it is. 

IMHO, The Black Market would be better off going back to G&S as the standard.

3 hours ago, rippin-lips said:

Did you leave him negative feedback? That could of potentially stopped Matt from loosing $150 to the same guy. 

Not yet but will do. I was trying to give him a little time to make it right.

2 hours ago, iFishLA said:

As long as you have PayPal, then you shouldn’t be having too much trouble dealing with people. Paypal makes it safe… Well IMO

PayPal makes it safe unless you use Friends and Family method, in which case you lose any purchase protection.

Straight from Paypal's forum:

I understand how this can be frustrating. Personal payments are intended for sending a gift, splitting a lunch bill, paying your share of the living expenses, and everyday exchanges of money between friends and family. This payment option should not be used as a method of payment for purchases of items or services. For more information about the Terms and Conditions of this policy, you should review the "Terms of use" section, accessible from the "Legal agreements" link at the bottom of any PayPal page.

I'm new here too, and felt pretty safe dealing with everyone knowing I had the safety of PayPal.

The move to F&F this year by the majority for various reasons has made it kind of sketchy on here. 

Trader feedback works to an extent, maybe there is a better solution?