Bait Sharing Program

jcanaday495

I don't meet any of the requirements. Can I join anyway? :)

While I haven't used the Black Market, I have an ebay account and 9 years of history in various fishing forums where I've done a bit of buying and selling.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't meet any of the requirements. Can I join anyway? :)

While I haven't used the Black Market, I have an ebay account and 9 years of history in various fishing forums where I've done a bit of buying and selling.

I think if this works out it won't be long and you will qualify for the next round. There is no way to do this and make everyone happy, it sucks but it is what it is.

I think if this works out it won't be long and you will qualify for the next round. There is no way to do this and make everyone happy, it sucks but it is what it is.

Yeah, +1.

It looks like it is about to get really political here.

I have a 12"TT I'll throw in. As soon as I get it back from getting painted, I'll send it out. Only requirements are you have the proper set-up to throw it (no noodle sticks) and post pics of any fish you stick. These things only work on an honor system and you can't judge character etc on post counts!! Whose up first??? Pm me and I'll post who I send it to.

You guys should just pick whoever you want to pass and barrow baits from. Maybe set up a group you live by or trust and you guys can trade baits to use for a bit then trade back.

It would be cool to pass a Hudd around and see how shredded from fat girls it can get. Like catch one and pass it on. Pick a homie on the east coast and pass it. Then the east coaster can pass it to the south, then to the west then north and so on.

I hope this some what makes sense. I've had a few tall boys :D

I have a 12"TT I'll throw in. As soon as I get it back from getting painted, I'll send it out. Only requirements are you have the proper set-up to throw it (no noodle sticks) and post pics of any fish you stick. These things only work on an honor system and you can't judge character etc on post counts!! Whose up first??? Pm me and I'll post who I send it to.

Thats a good point, just pass it around to who you want, maybe even make a dedicated forum to post all the followings. It would be really interesting to track baits around the country and where they go and what they do, rather than worry about who qualifies. Hell I suppose anyone qualifies to the individual donating the bait to the game.

Thats a good point, just pass it around to who you want, maybe even make a dedicated forum to post all the followings. It would be really interesting to track baits around the country and where they go and what they do, rather than worry about who qualifies. Hell I suppose anyone qualifies to the individual donating the bait to the game.

Good point, I could agree with that as well. Maybe set up a sub forum dedicated to it just as Will said and each thread will be for each bait, ex: "Spooky007's 12" TT". We could then follow that bait with the pics of the fish it catches in one thread. Have some simple guidelines the person donating the bait has to follow as well as guidelines the person using the bait follows as well. Then the person donating the bait could also add their own rules, such as: "if lost, must pay [insert amount here] to the owner" or whatever other rules you would wanna add(without getting too crazy :lol: ). Just an idea :lol:

with the rat I put up... whoever catches the most or biggest fish, i think they should get to keep it after all is said and done. Ill fix any chips or rash that occurs then send it to the dude who did the most damage!

Good point, I could agree with that as well. Maybe set up a sub forum dedicated to it just as Will said and each thread will be for each bait, ex: "Spooky007's 12" TT". We could then follow that bait with the pics of the fish it catches in one thread. Have some simple guidelines the person donating the bait has to follow as well as guidelines the person using the bait follows as well. Then the person donating the bait could also add their own rules, such as: "if lost, must pay [insert amount here] to the owner" or whatever other rules you would wanna add(without getting too crazy :lol: ). Just an idea :lol:

This really sounds fun. I mean, its even making me look over my inventory of baits to send off to someone, just to see what THEY can come up with where they live. It would be nearly as rewarding as catching the damn fish. haha.

This really sounds fun. I mean, its even making me look over my inventory of baits to send off to someone, just to see what THEY can come up with where they live. It would be nearly as rewarding as catching the damn fish. haha.

:lol: Same here! That way if the person donating the bait doesn't agree with the rules 100%, he could add his own. Ex: Rod that can handle a 8oz bait required, $100 payback if bait is lost etc.

I think you guys are over thinking this. Really all anyone needs is the proper gear to throw x bait, post pics and send it on. In the end it's fishing and a bait. Ish happens, baits get snapped off, broken off etc.... Personally, I'm not worried over a $100 bait. Whoever decides to participate, just be honest about the status and whereabouts of the baits being used. If guys are worried about losing a bait, don't fish it and send it to the next guy. Simple really.

Well this has goteen to be way too much drama, you guys have some good ideas, so maybe each guy should go ahead and manage his own bait how he wants to. I have told SU that they can take this over if they want but I don't want to deal with all the drama a few simple guideline have seemed to produce. Hopefully something comes of this cause it sure seemed like a good idea at the time. Good luck everyone.

Well this has goteen to be way too much drama, you guys have some good ideas, so maybe each guy should go ahead and manage his own bait how he wants to. I have told SU that they can take this over if they want but I don't want to deal with all the drama a few simple guideline have seemed to produce. Hopefully something comes of this cause it sure seemed like a good idea at the time. Good luck everyone.

Lol!! No drama just a lot of rules for fishing a bait!! I must be missing something because knowbody has even put up a bait sans myself and Cesar and I kept it simple for how I want the bait to be used. I'm not worried about post counts, got'em section, black market... Hopefully whoevers hands the bait lands in is honest, fishes hard and passes it on. That was the whole point of this no???

Lol!! No drama just a lot of rules for fishing a bait!! I must be missing something because knowbody has even put up a bait sans myself and Cesar and I kept it simple for how I want the bait to be used. I'm not worried about post counts, got'em section, black market... Hopefully whoevers hands the bait lands in is honest, fishes hard and passes it on. That was the whole point of this no???

That is the whole point, and maybe the answer is what you are saying. Each person who puts up a bait makes his/her own rules. Not a bad idea, just feel like setting guidelines for the whole program is too difficult, too many fingers in the jar. So maybe the "Spooky's 10" TT" thread idea is the way to go. Maybe the site will take if over, I thought it would be simple like you said, but it is impossible to come up with guide lines that are far.