Swimbait Underground Bait Share - Traveling Slammer

SU Crew

Hey everyone!  I apologize for dropping off the site for a while and letting this sputter a bit.  Within the last 23 months I've fished maybe a total of 3 times because of a number of big life changes: I bought a house, built a deck, started a new career, and began working towards a PhD in Physics (part-time student).  None of that is an excuse for disappearing without saying anything when I was supposed to be in charge of this program - officially or unofficially.  I'm glad it was able to stay alive thanks to the great community we have here!  I'm beginning to feel settled in again and I plan to do some fishing here soon; and I figure if I have time to fish then I have time to support this program.  If nobody else has taken over, I'll gladly pick up the pieces again and do my best to facilitate the timely transfer of the traveling slammer between members.

It'll take me a couple of days to go back through all of the bread crumbs and organize a comprehensive list again, but I'll begin tonight or tomorrow.  Same goes for the Traveling Wake if nobody else has picked that up.

On 7/20/2018 at 2:41 PM, holstonangler said:

I havent heard from Rileyfisher12, so sending the bait on to Zofwiur on Monday, i zeroed the first two trips with it, but stuck my first one this evening.  Ill' try and put up a cell phone video, it may be its first cast to catch brown trout. 

Brown trout on the Traveling Slammer!  Awesome!

So after fishing the slammer for a little bit the first night the fish didn't want it, switched to something else and stuck a bunch. Next morning the front of the slammer was basically in 2 pieces at the line tie. Took it off and cleaned it up, put it back together and epoxied just enough to hold it together again. Took it out today to test the repair and, well, it works perfect... Stuck a 5-12 in some weeds! I'll be in touch with the next person on the list tonight.

IMG_20180730_160810854~2.jpg

IMG_20180730_160940270~2.jpg

Hey fellas, just finished updating the list.  Let me know if I missed any requests.  I'll be working with everyone on the list once their time comes and make sure this thing keeps moving along smoothly.  Hopefully we can get the bait into everyones hands a lot quicker this way.

137 – Zofwiur (current holder)

138 – natalex85

139 – Jacobssam

140 – brushhawg1

141 – arizonabigriver

142 – asavamedhi

143 – BmoreBassin

144 – Cody_the_kook

145 – The Reel McCoy

146 – dylan628

147 – ISO_the1

148 – timcauliffe