Advice on Hudd type baits

flaswimbaiter

Big Bait, that bottom bait is just unreal!!!

Rock, do you remove the top hook? How do you do that, just cut it off or is it removable? Could I keep the single jig hook and add a trailer with a treble to the back end, kinda like a kingfish stinger rig?

High Power Swimbaits, that is an excellent idea, since I will start in freshwater I am going to try that.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you Don, I completely agree. This rig works great for me, I mostly fish for trophy Specks, Southeast Coast guys know what im talking about, they have a softer smaller mouth and this rig gets them for me. Either way thanks for the rig setup 8-)

Your Welcome ;) , I'm glad that's working for ya.

I still have all the goodies in my box to rig it if I need it ;) .

My baits are a little bit cleaner and realistic looking. No split rings,No power pro,No big hooks and no rubber bands. the hudd is the most realistic soft bait in the world." Why" put all that unnatural junk on them. I beleave Big Big Bass no the difference may be thats why my giant bass catchs are what they are, keep it as real as possable "Try it" My back seat in my boat gets 35 to 58 over 10lbs every year doing it My Way.

post-185-14252985053147_thumb.jpg.jpg]

Flat and clean with a crimp.

post-185-14252985054105_thumb.jpg.jpg]

In-line mouth open a bit, gills and fins just clean looking

That inline bait is pretty cool! Do you put a straw in there? Whats the trick?!!

I made an inline hudd, it was kinda tuff. I used some thin tubing I got at an aquarium store, then drilled through the foam and slipped them tubing through. I dont know if thats how butch does it, but mine looks pretty darn similar.

post-137-14252985057848_thumb.jpg

post-137-14252985058264_thumb.jpg

That just a shaddow txswimb8r ever try a D M hudd shad cluster.

:shock: I've never heard of or seen that before, thats awesome. I think I undrstand the concept, let me know if I'm right or wrong here. The shads clustered together represent a bigger meal than the one shad by itself, and therefore is more appealing to a big fish? Do any of the shads ever fall off?

Thats a potential striper killer too right there. Kind of like a castable umbrella rig. Cool idea...something different...keep em' comin' Butch you have a captive audience here and I know tons of guys appreciate any lil' idea they can pick up.

Do you fish hard baits much at all? Summer time...topwater/shallow runners...never hurts to ask.

JK

Thats a potential striper killer too right there. Kind of like a castable umbrella rig. Cool idea...something different...keep em' comin' Butch you have a captive audience here and I know tons of guys appreciate any lil' idea they can pick up.

Do you fish hard baits much at all? Summer time...topwater/shallow runners...never hurts to ask.

JK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auv6yFfNkkM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl1owwkrt8M

Jfish,I fish it all bro.