A good 20lb fluorocarbon

jiggerjake

4 hours ago, Snookonfly said:

The tournament guys down here In the south all talk about Gamma Edge as the strongest line produced. Gammas 16 lb line has a 22lb actual breaking strength. Their 20 lb line has a 28lb actual breaking strength. If you read the reviews you’ll see lots of “I’ve never broken off on this line” 

That is to some extent because Gama is not a true test line

.430mm 20lb Gama Edge

.370mm 20lb Seaguar Tatsu

For the record, it appears InvisX splits the gap at .400mm or so I see listed. My point here is not bash or suggest as we all have preferences and they are all good lines, but rather point out listed test strength is not absolute. Diameter is absolute, assuming listed accurate, and should be our guideline

32 minutes ago, Good Year 71 said:

.430mm 20lb Gama Edge

For the record, it appears InvisX splits the gap at .400mm or so I see listed. My point here is not bash or suggest as we all have preferences and they are all good lines, but rather point out listed test strength is not absolute. Diameter is absolute, assuming listed accurate, and should be our guideline

I went down this road awhile back, I kept seeing people talk about throwing certain baits on 20 pound test that I throw on 25 but when I looked into it the 25 I was throwing (Sunline sniper .410 mm) was about the same diameter as the 20 pound that was suggested ( AbrazX .405), Sniper in 20 # had a diameter of .370 mm so I stuck with the 25 pound sniper

1 hour ago, Good Year 71 said:

.430mm 20lb Gama Edge

Yea, I agree w you that they should just label the 16 lb test line what it actually is…22lb test.  Or call the 20lb, 28 lbs test. 

In theory, diameter is important but the diameter ranges for say 20lb pound test in the higher end fluoros between the various manufacturers are all really similar.  I think it would be hard for me to tell the differences in .430 and .370. 

2 hours ago, Ravelthus said:

Sunline Sniper FC or Seagar R18. I started using R18 because every single Japanese angler I watch on YouTube (literally all of them) use R18. 

I had negative experiences with Seaguar R18 LTD (white box, gold letters) in 12lb and 16lb when I fished conventional. I switched over to Sunline Shooter Sniper FC and never looked back. I use the Sunline in 20lb for all my swimbait FC applications. 

Screenshot_20220505-052503_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, chevro1et said:

I had negative experiences with Seaguar R18 LTD (white box, gold letters) in 12lb and 16lb when I fished conventional. I switched over to Sunline Shooter Sniper FC and never looked back. I use the Sunline in 20lb for all my swimbait FC applications. 

Screenshot_20220505-052503_Chrome.jpg

With spools available in 82 yds are you using backing?