New to all of this....

chren

PA lakes are very similar to what you describe, typically looking "bowl shaped" with not a lot going on under the surface.

Like it was mentioned, what we may think is just a little drop might be a key piece of structure in a lake mostly devoid of any contour changes. Look for the less obvious stuff and fish it.

I also don't prescribe to needing weedless lures to fish grassy lakes. Unless that sucker is matted the whole way across the lake, there is a weed edge somewhere. IMO, that weed edge serves as structure in a structureless lake. Fish where the edge makes inside and outside turns, they fish just like little points. Good luck and welcome to the obsession. ;)

Alrighty, no picture (at this moment) due to my being on a phone, so it's just another fisherman's tale for ya :D Recently I picked up a mattlures U2 bluegill and a mattlures baby bass and took them out an hour after they arrived. I casted right next to a big ole rock sittin up in a foot of water and WHAM, a bass hits it. Not sure if it was providence or pure luck but I pulled out 4 1/2 pig outta that spot. I could tell it wanted that lure bad because I pulled the hook on the back of lure out a few inches in front of the(pardon my bad taste) "sphincter" in the throat of the bass. Needles to say I'd be lost without ya'll and just wanted to thank you all. Solid forum, great people. Pictures comin up soon.

Tight lines, and all that jazz

• 8 years later...

If you have a fish finder try looking for submerged rocks. Even if your banking it Garmin makes a castable transducer. Bass like to chill near rocks this time of year. Especially if the lake is shallow and the sun is penetrating water.

1 hour ago, eFISHnc said:

If you have a fish finder try looking for submerged rocks. Even if your banking it Garmin makes a castable transducer. Bass like to chill near rocks this time of year. Especially if the lake is shallow and the sun is penetrating water.

Great advice, but bad timing lol. Not sure if these guys are still following this thread 8 years later.

that castable transducer seems like a game changer for bank fishing! I'm selling my yak soon so I might need to invest in one until the next boat

1 hour ago, jmpatacsil said:

Great advice, but bad timing lol. Not sure if these guys are still following this thread 8 years later.

that castable transducer seems like a game changer for bank fishing! I'm selling my yak soon so I might need to invest in one until the next boat

I have one collecting dust. Pm me if you want it, just cover shipping