Best Fishing line

FishNH89

What’s the best line for throwing medium size swim baits like the toxic WNC - lil chorizo, spro rat,shine glide 9” slammer I’ve been using cxx 15lb-17lb seems to cause a lot of problems for me over spools and has lots of memory line always looks like a old house phone cord. Thinking about going with 20lb mono or floro any suggestions 

Well, my vote is irrelevant because all I use is CXX with any hard bait. Over 20 years now and yes, it has some stronger line memory compared to other lines out there. But nothing that has caused any issues for me personally. I throw it because I trust it 100%. I’ll occasionally use fluorocarbon, but usually on the smallest glides/swimbaits I throw (HPH 6”, STC MM26 swimbait and glide). 

Over many years of trial and error I've narrowed it down to basically two lines. P-line CXX in 17 and 20 lb and Seaguar Abrazx in 20 and 25 lb since the diameter is pretty small. On my shorter top water combo I like 50 lb braid to the appropriate size CXX leader. 

32 minutes ago, FishNH89 said:

Any pro’s and con’s using mono? 

Mono floats so if your fishing glides or wakes it wii keep the bait up in the water column, mono is generally inexpensive on the downside it tends to be more visible than flourocarbon and definitely needs to be respooled more often. 

After trial and error I now have most of my swimbait set ups lined with izorline copoly - it’s inexpensive, readily available, has a good amount Of stretch so when you do hook a fish you tend not to rip the hooks out also if you get a dreaded backlash you typically won’t cast your bait off. 

Imo you need to find the line set up that works for you, your style of casting, fishing and for the baits you tend to throw.

I don’t know about the best line but it’s been good to me. I use izorline XXX 20lb for 90% of my baits and I run the 25lb for the bigger baits usually from the deps 250 & up.
    Don’t have anything bad to say about Pline CXX it’s worked fine for me when I used it, although it does have more memory than the izorline.
     As far as Big Game goes I know allot of guys that are way better sticks than me use it with no complaints. But for me it just seemed to have too much stretch.  Never had a break off or anything like that but I only used it for about 2-3 months when I first started. 

24 minutes ago, FishNH89 said:

So mono floats copoly sinks?
Does anyone know if izorline has less memory then the pline 

what about floro? 

https://theadventourist.com/copolymer-vs-monofilament-fishing-line

flouro has little or no stretch so if you use braid to flouro leader and backlash typically that bait is a goner 

Straight flouro can be expensive.

i have no experience with pline. 

again, it’s a process of trial and error and finding out what works best for you in the areas you fish, the baits you throw and how you cast. 

Edited by Jim137a

I use 50lb Ande Braid on my MH and H rods, fishing UFOs, rats, crankdowns, and glides. I tend to pull and straighten hooks more often than I should but I just feel comfortable fishing braid. 

1 hour ago, FishNH89 said:

So mono floats copoly sinks?
Does anyone know if izorline has less memory then the pline 

what about floro? 

In my experience, Izorline XXX 20lb has less memory than P-Line CXX 20lb.